Gas Oven - High Temp (?)

Well, apparently pushing the stove/oven back in place resolved the issue (or so to speak).

I believe there is a crack in the metal flex pipe that runs from the wall connector to the stove connector. If the pipe is bent (= oven pushed back in place), there is no leak.

To those talking about shutting off the valve first, that's totally unnecessary, remember the fire triangle? Plus, I would have never caught the leak if I had shut the valve first.
Now I know that pipe MUST BE REPLACED for sure.

We are going to have people redoing the heating in the apartment next week (hot water pipes), so we will add this job.

Well, apparently pushing the stove/oven back in place resolved the issue (or so to speak).

I believe there is a crack in the metal flex pipe that runs from the wall connector to the stove connector. If the pipe is bent (= oven pushed back in place), there is no leak.

To those talking about shutting off the valve first, that's totally unnecessary, remember the fire triangle? Plus, I would have never caught the leak if I had shut the valve first.

We are going to have people redoing the heating in the apartment next week (hot water pipes), so we will add this job.

Sorry, fill me in, the fire triangle?

My dear, we are in Argentina, where apartments regularly blow up due to gas leaks, and an entire building in Rosario went a year ago yesterday or so (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Rosario_gas_explosion). ALWAYS turn off your gas before moving anything.

1178px-Fire_triangle_2.svg.png

http://en.wikipedia....i/Fire_triangle

I wonder if it makes sense to purchase a life insurance while living here, and if it would be fulfilled in case of such accidents.

Maybe I'm understanding poorly but I thought you said you pulled the stove off the wall and the flex pipe started spewing gas? Why do you think it would not have been a good idea to have shut of the gas first? Your apartment is full of oxygen by the way.

Can you take a picture of the flex pipe to stove connection?

Maybe I'm understanding poorly but I thought you said you pulled the stove off the wall and the flex pipe started spewing gas?

Yes, exactly. I pulled the stove to be able to push the panel forward. This exposed the flex pipe and then I smelled gas.

Why do you think it would not have been a good idea to have shut of the gas first? Your apartment is full of oxygen by the way.

1) Because I wasn't expecting it to leak, we never smelled gas before
2) Because I had all my windows open and we were far far away from the LEL
3) Because there was no ignition source available nearby the oven.

Can you take a picture of the flex pipe to stove connection?

Someone linked a picture of the thing, but apparently the post was edited. I believe it was GS_Dirtboy, is it possible?
I am not moving the oven again to take the picture, sorry.

Back