Gaucho Style Bridle

mujoe

Registered
Hi there!
I'm looking for a gaucho style bridal but have no clue where to find one. I don't even know how it's called, so I'm posting a photo that explains what I need (white horse). Basically it's a leather bridle that has no headstall, only a bit and reins. I went to a few shops in Mataderos, but none of them had it.
Can someone please help ?
Muchas gracias !!bridal.jpg

Go ask them at Arandu. Its where the Ogliarchs buy their saddles and polo gear.
http://www.arandu.com.ar/locales.php?idioma=I
They are pretty knowledgeable about all that horsey stuff.
Most likely, they dont sell em, but they might know who does.

Hi Ries,
Thanks for the info !!
No, I don't want products meant for oligarchs, just simple and humble handmade gaucho bridle. I'll check with that store if they can give me the right contact.
Thanks !

It's bridle, not bridal ;)

I'm a little confused about what you are looking for. What you posted isn't a bridle per se and I've never seen anything like that actually used (not sure how you would keep the bit in the horse's mouth without some type of headstall (western terminology). What do you need it for? However, if you really just want what's in the pic - you just need to buy a bit and reins. Any tack store will sell those 2 items.

Can always wait and go to La Rural , they have everything there that is related to horses , campo , etc.......

Yes, 'bridal' was a spelling mistake, that's why it was corrected in the next posts!
It's actually for a friend of mine who doesn't live here. He saw that on a horse in an estancia while he was vacationing here, and has been fascinated by it ever since. He works with horses and wants me to find him that exact bridle.
I just checked La Rural's calendar and they seem to have something related to horses at the end of this month. I'll go check it out for sure, thanks a lot for the tip cbonnani!

Nuestros caballos is coming up at La Rural - you may have luck there. I'll ask my neighbor next time I see him - they do criollo horses and he might have an idea what that is. My best guess though is they simply have a tongue tie over the bit and attached some reins. Weirdness.

Thanks citygirl! That would be great if your neighbor could give you the name of that weird bridle. I don't understand how that thing holds on but he might have the answer to that as well! La Rural is marked on my calendar already!

Look up: Bocado de Cuero Crudo

Horse tamers personally make them, but you could pop into the talabartería stores in Mataderos around where the feria is and ask them.

Citygirl took too long.

I think Nap is correct assuming you were confused about it having a bit. OP - are you sure the one you are looking for has a bit? The bocados that they use to break horses are just a piece of leather through the mouth and reins. Hence my confusion. But if not, then Nap has answered your question and all you need to ask for is the bocado.

Back