Gay Life in BA

gay scene, hmm
it sounds funny. maybe gay people are more integrated here. no gay ghetto. why would i go to a gay restaurant. do i eat gay people? (dont answer that!) i guess irish folks do go to irish bars, black people used to have to go to their own places but luckily civilization wised up, gay people are finally getting lucky and we are allowed to eat and drink almost everywhere! yea! i bet there is at least one in every restaurant.......

in answer to the posts first question, the expat postings have been made up by its members. if there is something you would like to know, ask. something you want to tell, make some postings, ask some questions. one thing this board isnt, is shy about words.

I believe that peoples sexuality should be treated like something normal and not put into categories. I mean how many hours a month do people have sex and this somehow defines the personality of someone.

Buenos Aires is one of the most tolerant city I have ever lived in but saying that outrageous behaviour is best kept in private . There are literally hundreds of love hotels here you can enjoy yourselves to your hearts content.

diego7david said:
gay scene, hmm
it sounds funny. maybe gay people are more integrated here. no gay ghetto. why would i go to a gay restaurant. do i eat gay people? (dont answer that!)

:D :D :D

And to clarify my 3 different gay couples in the Milíon bar, I meant the bar area of the bar/restaurant/lounge.

So at least 6 of ~20 people in that specific area/room where the actual bar is located isn't a bad percentage. I don't think that 30% of the population is gay, of course I could be wrong, but that's what I'm talking about.

Oh, and re:

Tuesday night GAY TANGO

It's "Mixed"... but in this case "Mixed" means pretty close to 100% homosexuals with just a few straight people sprinkled in to remind the gay guys how much better looking they are than the general population.

But my roommate said that it is definitely boys & girls. For more information on Milonga Tango Queer (con "Intercambio de roles" or "Roles interchange), go here:

Milonga Tango Queer: www.tangoqueer.com

Wednesday night GAY TANGO

Also, on Wednesdays my roommate says that there is La Marshall. My roommate tells me it's a "Traditional Milonga", but Wednesday night is gay night. And this tends to have more men than Tuesday night.

La Marshall Gay Tango http://www.lamarshall.com.ar/

SIDE NOTE:

My roommate was just lamenting the fact that the gay people here don't seem to have a "Gay version" of everything that straight people have. Like "Gay soccer/football", "Gay orchestra", "Gay book club"...

To hear her tell it, the gay community is pretty integrated in BsAs. I'm sorry, but I think that that's the future. Who'd-uh-thunk that that would be such a bad thing?

Good luck with your gay search. If I meet any new gay people this week, I'll encourage them to post on this thread.

:)

I don't think it has to do with sex at all or even screaming ones sexuality.
Buenos Aires is tolerant city but far from accepting. Like peanut butter, the lack of acceptance can be pined for in the homogeneous culture we are choosing to live. Buenos Aires is a great place but sometimes we as expats miss things, this is just another one of them.

Real deep Diego David...

Existential debate aside is there any organised meetup, or is anyone interested in creating one? Gay scene here strikes me as skittish and full of games. Bitches be throwing shade everywhere.

As far as integration f*k that, neither futbol nor football interest me much. Even though I'm not a flaming person I often like those who are because they are so full of life (also true of trannies). . . a lot of straights are just too boring and awkward.

Whether or not a place is integrated or tolerant or not it should not be the main issue. Well, what I am trying to say is yes it is a basic question about sexuality that makes one gay or not. However there is a whole gay culture that takes in almost every part of society. You can say there is a whole gay society.

Gay bars started as a place for gay people to meet and more. At times it was the only place they could be. Generally they still are. However as a lot of you know they have become more than that and a lot attract straight people too (much to the annoyance of some gay people) because of it. It can cause what one perceives as being gay being a bit misconstrued. I am gay and I am not a fan of gay bars. They don't play my kind of music (LCD Soundsystem, Comsat Angels, Gang of Four, Wire, !!! etc). But gay bars are now are more than being just a place for gays to meet etc. HOwever if anyone is wanting to have a meet up to go to a gay bar I dont mind. Its fun to meet new people as friend (I am happily attached) and I will be back in BA for a month Tuesday week.

Back