G'day all - moving to Argentina for a few months

ExiledinSydney

Registered
Hi all.

I left Sydney and returned to England a couple of years ago. I now wish to live in Argentina for a few months - especially during the football season. I have some (limited) knowledge of Spanish and wish to learn more. I intend to enrol in a language course.

I posted this in another place - hope that's not against the site rules. I should have looked on this thread first.

I'll have a monthly income of aproximately £600-650 (British sterling) for at least six months. Would this enable me to live in Argentina for a few months. Would I need to bring extra savings with me?

Any advice/information provided would be very helpful. Thanks

So, you will have about USD 900-1000 a month for salary. Finding a shared, temporary furnished apartment will probably run you USD 300-400, leaving you with about USD 600 to spend. It's doable, but for someone only here for 3 months you'll probably want to do a lot of things which cost money (like Spanish lessons). Not trying to discourage you, but I'm just thinking realistically. If you have any specific questions about costs of living, I'd be glad to answer them.

Cheers!

Back