Gefilte Fish And Gumbo In Buenos Aires...

Misheguene is not bad, but very expensive, and most of the food is argentine gourmet experimental- certainly not traditional jewish.
The pastrami is nothing like jewish deli pastrami- its covered in some kind of sweet barbecue sauce.
The experimental gourmet stuff there is good- but pricy. Big Cubierto, too.

Nola is killer. Fried chicken, Gumbo, and craft beer. No need to make choices, you just order all three things.

Gran Dabang is very good. I go as often as I can. But no reservations, so you need to be waiting when they open.

Havent been to Roux.

Gran Dabbang opened two nights ago after a month of vacations, the menu changed slightly. Most dishes are around $80, few of them $40 and other $130, and smaller dishes. Delicious.

I want to share this recent review of Nola restaurante here because it was written by a professional chef who really enjoys and knows New Orleans food scene, as stated in the article (in Spanish) http://afuegolento.com.ar/2016/02/15/nola-distante-del-autentico-jazz/

I would agree with that review of NOLA- its impossible to get the right ingredients here to make "authentic" cajun.
So she does her best with what she can get.
Its not Commanders Palace.
But the fried chicken is made to order, the beer is good, its cheap and fun and without attitude.
And while her gumbo may not be "authentic", its still better than the other gumbo places in town...

It's not that cheap...

everything is relative.

most of the new trendy burger places charge you as much for just a burger as you pay at Nola for a chicken plate and a beer.

I remember 3 peso Choripans, myself.

Back