General Questions from a Prospective Expat

I feel that the people of Buenos Aires are out for themselves. If something is good for them then it is the way it will be. So many people can say whatever they want about Americans but you do not encounter so many arrogant, pushy people as you do here. People will literally dash in front of you on a crowded street only to be 2 steps ahead. Or they will run into you on the street and not acknowledge with an apology. It makes no sense to me. Is it something to do with upbringing and the issue of what is right and what is wrong? I have lived in NYC for years and have never encountered anything like this.

What, what, what? I live in NYC for 9 years and I can say that people dashing out to get one step ahead of you is an every stoplight occurrence, as is blocking the box, entering the subway before before allowing for people to get off, not moving to the rear of the bus to allow for people to exit, stealing cabs, moving up half a block so they won't appear to be such an ass when they steal your cab.

I think people everywhere are as amazing as they are terrible.

andebobandy said:
What, what, what? I live in NYC for 9 years and I can say that people dashing out to get one step ahead of you is an every stoplight occurrence, as is blocking the box, entering the subway before before allowing for people to get off, not moving to the rear of the bus to allow for people to exit, stealing cabs, moving up half a block so they won't appear to be such an ass when they steal your cab.

I thought that you were talking about Buenos Aires. LOL

I do agree that everywhere people are as amazing as they are terrible. No prejudice to race, creed or nationality or city that they reside in.

But I do have an opinion on everything in life as I hope everyone on this blog does.

andebobandy said:

Nah......that's just New Yorkers. :p

Back