getting a tax ID locations

Borntarun

Registered
I'm trying to open a bank account in BA. I've been instructed that I need to get a CD to prove residence, which I did, and now I need to get a tax ID number (CID). However, I can't seem to find out where the closest office to do this is. It seems the website is either down, or it can't recognize my address. I'm in Villa Crespo, near Palermo. Does anyone have experience with an office around here (Thames y Cordoba)? Or will I have to go downtown?

I assume you have some type of residence? It's not as simple as getting a CD and CDI (I'm assuming you meant CDI, not CID?) if you want to open an account.

all that being said, you have to go to the AFIP office that covers your neighborhood which often isn't the closest one geographically:rolleyes: It's been so long since I did mine that I honestly can't remember how I looked up which one I needed to go to - sorry I'm not more help. I'm assuming you are checking on the AFIP website.

and just a reminder - you need to have photocopies of your passport pages when you go. I forgot that and had to run out (luckily the woman was nice enough to let me run out and come back instead of making me take a new number). And be warned, it's usually a LOOOOONG wait there.

To open a bank account, I read on this site that all you need is a CDI and CD? Is that wrong? I'm talking about a savings account.

That's what I read. And that's why i'm confused about why I'll have a problem with a CDI, CD, address/phone number etc.

Back