Getting A Tourist Visa For Someone Who Actually Needs A Visa

BDA shorts

Registered
So I'm here as a tourist and I want to bring in my ex-girlfriend so that she can see what the country is like and look for jobs and/or a graduate degree at a university. She holds a Cuban passport so she needs a visa to come here, even as a regular 90-day tourist. (Cubans need visas to go practically anywhere in the world as tourists.) Duration of her stay will be about two weeks--there is no intention of perma-touristing. I plan to take care of all of her expenses while here, along with the plane ticket.

Visa requirements listed on the Argentine Havana embassy's website list requirements like a letter of invitation "de persona física radicada en la República Argentina" with a statement of responsibility for the applicant and copy of DNI, along with proof of an amount equal to US$50 for each day of her stay in a Cuban bank account in her name, which she doesn't have. (See http://ecuba.mrecic.gov.ar/es/node/1390 .) There are other short-term visa categories such as a business visitor, which requires a letter of invitation from a company registered with DNM to hire foreigners.

I'm not sure how I can pull off any of these visa categories given that I don't have any formal residency here. The statement of responsibility looks onerous enough that I can't just ask someone to issue that letter of invitation for me. I'm thinking there must be people (immigration attorneys or otherwise) who can set something up for me.

Anyone have any ideas?

that can be bypassed "letter of invitation" if she can demonstrate :-

a) stable job in cuba
2) some amount of money in her bank
c) confirmed hotel booking for her duration of stay ( do a 100% fully refundable booking on cancellation)
d) dummy air ticket for ida y vuelta
e) credit card
f) internary for her travel to argentina..day to day program as what she intends to do in Arg.
g) if she owns some property in Cuba or has kids or husband in Cuba, it will help

Hope this helps

Have her sign up online with La Campora, print out the confirmation and present it to the embassy. Not only will she get a visa, but possibly a board position at a state-owned enterprise.

Okay, so the letter of invitation is an either/or with the rest of it? The website seemed to indicate everything was needed.

Everything you mentioned is doable except money in the bank, a credit card, and property/kids/husband. I suppose I could give her some cash to put in the bank (and then have her buy the plane ticket with it after the visa comes through).

I tried calling the embassy in Havana today, couldn't get through...

Okay, so the letter of invitation is an either/or with the rest of it? The website seemed to indicate everything was needed.

Everything you mentioned is doable except money in the bank, a credit card, and property/kids/husband. I suppose I could give her some cash to put in the bank (and then have her buy the plane ticket with it after the visa comes through).

I think 2-3 travel agents partcipate here. Just ask one of them, if they can arrange a 'dummy ticket' . Most travel agents can.

Just see if you can arrange her a pre paid debit card on her name with some money on it?

of course, if she has no kids/hubby..thats it then..but it shows intention to go back.

Hello please am a school teacher from Nigeria, i am very much interested in enrolling for the TEFL (English teaching certificate)in Buenos Aires to qualify me as an English Teacher but the Argentinian Embassy here in Nigeria request that i get an invitation letter from Argentina to be able to process the tourist visa for me. Please can anybody be of assistance.
I can pay for my accomodation and other living expences once i get into Argentina.

Last edited:
Back