Getting best value for pesos

trotskyite00

Registered
So we are leaving to go back to the States and have a great deal of pesos from having sold many things. I guess we hadn't really been keeping up to date on the crazy dollar controls here but it seems absolutely impossible to buy dollars here. They said we would need the receipt from having exchanged dollars in the first place.
I was wondering if there was some way around this considering we are flying home soon. Is there some sort of product or commodity we could buy here and then sell in the US? I was thinking maybe gold, jewelry or something? Or maybe something like leather?
Not sure what our options are...

i don't know about comparing to US, but gold bars sold in banks here is 12% higher in price than in China. And starting this year i find in most banks they stop selling the 999+ fine gold bars, only 18K and 24K, which is not good for investment.
Maybe leather or local gold coins?

Pay someone with dollars 5.2 or so and you should have no problem.

maybe buy Chilean or Uruguayan pesos to exchange elsewhere?

Buy dollars in the black market or buy paypal balance and then trasnsfer to ur bank account.

I can sell you dollars if you need some! Depends how much though, and what rate you want to trade.

I, too, can potentially trade dollars at a good rate. PM if interested.

Buy frequent flier miles in pesos at the airport, it would be illegal for them not to accept the "cambio official"

Heather G said:
Buy frequent flier miles in pesos at the airport, it would be illegal for them not to accept the "cambio official"

Has anyone ever done this? (ie with American Airlines or similar)

I'm not sure it would be illegal for them to not accept cash, esp in pesos, but it's not a bad option if ever it does work for many people who are stuck with a lot of pesos when leaving.

Back