Getting dollars in Argentina

I used to do this. Typically a given company limits to a person to $2,999 per transaction if I remember right. There is probably a way to raise it. But, what I did is just went with multiple companies. Thus every time I went to Uruguay I got close to $10k. This cut down the % fees a lot as it spread the cost of the trip over a larger money value.

FA...thank you. I am not ever going to need or walk around with 10K.....if it all comes about I will contact you... perhaps there is 'strength in numbers' or worse case ...two dopes with $$

Hi,
I was wondering what to do under a pesimistic scenario (Fernandez in power + capital controls). For example, should I need to change my ARS into USD every month to get funds into foreign currency, is there a way to do this other than black market? I understand a potential limit to the monthly ARS to USD exchange + the bureocratic process to it would make it hard to get funds out of Argentina.

How does the paypal system work with an Argentine credit card?
What other alternative are there?

Thanks!

Especially for BenL.....I would imagine that if 'worse came to worse'...(and that depends which side you are on)...that people on this site might just have their own intercambio meeting each others needs.

Back