Getting This Weekends News Right

jago25_98

Registered
I'm not in BA anymore. This is what I've heard over the weekend:

- riots in BA
- president was absent during events, then gave a student event opening as normal, now has resigned
- dollar now free floating
- shell oil kicked off a panic such that now official is 8:1 with black at 12:1

I expect much of this to be western press B.S.
I don't suppose you could give me the reality? I can't see any threads here so I presume this is sensationalism.

- riots in BA
- president was absent during events, then gave a student event opening as normal, now has resigned

I don't suppose you could give me the reality? I can't see any threads here so I presume this is sensationalism.

Argentina is a reality show...

I would love to see the links to these stories.

- riots in BA

Well there have been plenty of people protesting in the past few months in Capital over the power outages, but this is more neighbourhood by neighbourhood, not a gathering in front of the Casa Rosada. There have been incidents of looting in other parts of the country leading up to Christmas, but not inside of Capital.

There was a lot of criticism in december when she was dancing at the party for the anniversary of democracy in Argentina while the looting was going on and she didn't even address it. Then yes, she disappeared for almost 6 weeks and didn't say a peep. When she did return she didn't acknowledge inflation, devaluation, or the cortes de luz. She just announced yet another social spending programme (becas for students, maybe that's where you got student event?). She has not resigned although there have been rumours that some in her party are trying to figure out how to orchestrate an elegant exit for her.

I think you mean peso, and no. There's a tonne of discussion on here about what's going on or in the international news (you need to find better sources!!!)

Kicillof is accusing Shell of speculative behaviors, and yes oficial is about 8 and blue about 12. However I think pointing the finger at Shell is just a desperate attempt to point the blame at anyone other than themselves.

Find yourself some better newspapers!

- riots in BA

Meanwhile, zombies have taken over all the open spaces in the city. Parks especially are infested with them. Few of the smart porten~o residents have taken up residence in a local prison. It seems, at this point, that the prison is the best place to live and congregate. Plenty of mate to be had there and enough wood to keep the parrilla going.

There are rumors though that the governor of Buenos Aires province, Daniel Scioli, attacked the prison to take it over, however, he failed because of the resilience of the porten~os. Scioli is said to have been wearing an eye-patch. Although the reasons for the eye-patch are unknown, it is rumored that he got in a cat-fight with the former president, Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner and her, now zombie, husband, Nestor Kirchner.

In other news, an asteroid is headed straight for Argentina to end life as we know it. Panic panic everywhere!

PS: Zombies are now called "walkers".

Back