Getting through the border with 2 big bags

We just came through today with 7 checked bags, three carry ons and three backpacks which included two laptops, two iPads, GPS, Roku, hard drive, universal remote, 19" LCD TV and a lot more clothes and housewares. We declared the $80 TV and a $499 laptop on the AFIP form which still put us way below the $900 limit for 3 people. They asked if I was a resident and how long we were in the US and then sent us on our way.

i often travel in and out of Ezeiza, at least a couple of times a month

sometimes I have just one carry-on bag// sometimes I have 2-3 suitcases.

Nothing to fear as long you also you are not doing anything wrong from your end.

If they ask, should I tell them the bag is my fiancee's and that we live together in Canada, but we're visiting her family for a few months and she needed her stuff?

Or should I say the bag is mine? Even though it's clearly not my stuff. Maybe I'll just mix and match mens and womens stuff to make it less obvious.

Any updates on how strict the customs people are currently at Ezeiza? We are traveling and will be bringing back 2 iphones, 2 ipads, 2 notebooks, food and some clothes. 3 people in total.

I bring stuff for my husband all the time. I also bring a few computers too. I always run the batteries out of the computers just in case. And as for my husband's stuff I just say, he is here as a student, I'm visiting and he needed more shirts and shoes.
I also travel out of Argentina for business for about 2-3 weeks every month. I have only been stopped once because I brought in BB gun for my Father-in-Law. They inspected it and held me up for a while. I had a receipt which showed it cost $300USD. They let me on my way. You will be fine.

Back