GLOBANT

bigbob

Registered
love how Globant treats its argentine employees...
from their annual report:"The estimated effect in net income for the year ended December 31, 2018 due to a 30% increase in the U.S. dollar against the Argentine peso is a gain of $26.0".

FYI the peso fell 60% in 2019

so they get $ revenue pay their employees in pesos... but barely increase peso salaries throughout year??? Certainly not enough to cover inflation? I hear the average BA employee gets paid $15k vs ~$50k in bogota. How is this possible?

the objective of a business is to make money. globant is no different than any other company in that respect.

it's also a very large company so they have some benefit of scale - pay average because if someone leave there will be plenty more ready to join. most who work in the design world use them as a starting point before moving on elsewhere.

i believe very few companies here actually adjust pay to keep up with inflation. hence, the struggles of many.

love how Globant treats its argentine employees...
from their annual report:"The estimated effect in net income for the year ended December 31, 2018 due to a 30% increase in the U.S. dollar against the Argentine peso is a gain of $26.0".

FYI the peso fell 60% in 2019

so they get $ revenue pay their employees in pesos... but barely increase peso salaries throughout year??? Certainly not enough to cover inflation? I hear the average BA employee gets paid $15k vs ~$50k in bogota. How is this possible?
Google Arg does the same thing.

Globant is just an outsourcing company. So this is their only way of making money -- selling labor for more money than they are paying. Outsourcing companies do not produce any value other than connecting employers and employees who can not otherwise be connected (e.g. due to immigration or language barriers).

Stay away from outsourcing companies if that's possible.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Expat Life 0
Back