Golf courses/players

eternalexpat

Registered
Have been here since early in the year and bought some clubs back with me after winter vacation.

I'm looking for partners and information about playing on BA province courses. I live in Quilmes but will travel.

Questions:

1. Is it usual to be able to bowl up to a club on weekdays and just pay and play?
2. I've heard rumours that clubs are picky about handicap certificates. The only one I have is about 7 years old. Will this be a problem?
3. Any clubs you'd recommend?
4. Any other newcomers (or anyone) interested in pairing up?

Hi

I'd be keen on playing. Been here for about a month and also brought my clubs with. Have no clue on the answers to your questions. From what I gather it depends on whether you're playing at a public or private club. Public is relatively cheap and easy to book, private is apparently very expensive and you'll struggle to get into unless you're invited by a member.

Let me know what you reckon - I can only play on weekends though.

FK

How about this course: Campo de Golf de la Ciudad,
http://www.golftoday.co.uk/clubhouse/coursedir/world/argentina/buenosaires/ciudad.html

I've seen other people mention this in previous posts. TarHeel maybe you can give them a call to find out if they rent out clubs?

It seems like it's in the city (close to the Hippodromo) which suits me.

My spanish is non-existent so would prefer if one of you can call to find out if we can play - if not let me know then I'll try to manage. What about a round on Sunday morning?

Eternalexpat you game?

Sorry, been away from my home for a few days.

I played the Campo/Ciudad this week. Not a bad course at all and very cheap Ar$30 on Wednesday. Saw this too late for this Sunday, but I'd be interested in the future. I do travel in from Quilmes, however and have to use a remise at the moment. next week not on but after that I'm ok.

EE

Kevin

Campo de Golf de la Ciudad does have clubs for rent. Their phone number is 4772-7261.

hi all. sorry, my computer crashed and only now again online. so, this weekend is out for me as well and next weekend is long weekend which makes it difficult as weel. how about 16 October? who's in?

I am new to BA and may be interested at some point as well. My clubs will arrive in a couple of weeks and when they do I'll check back here to hook up for a round.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Newcomers Forum 8
S Expat Life 1
R Expat Life 10
M Expat Life 0
M Expat Life 0
Back