Irish Guy in BA - Anyone play golf?

HenryHoneyBalls

Registered
Hi All,
I spend part of every year in Buenos Aires. Looking for golf partners or people with information on good places to play that wont break the bank.
Cheers
D

Hi Henry,
Palermo isn’t too bad, they’ve put some sand in the bunkers now and it’s only 1500 pesos through the week.
Greens are a bit slow though.
It gets very busy though can be a bit of a drag waiting on every hole.

I usually play Friday afternoons.

If you get your matricula you can sign up and play any course.
I think midweek you’re looking at no more than 10000 pesos a round at the courses In and around Pilar.

I’ve played the one at the Hilton, the one at Sofitel Cardales and also played Highland Park a couple of times.

Message me if you want to play Palermo one afternoon.

Hi Henry,
Palermo isn’t too bad, they’ve put some sand in the bunkers now and it’s only 1500 pesos through the week.
Greens are a bit slow though.
It gets very busy though can be a bit of a drag waiting on every hole.

I usually play Friday afternoons.

If you get your matricula you can sign up and play any course.
I think midweek you’re looking at no more than 10000 pesos a round at the courses In and around Pilar.

I’ve played the one at the Hilton, the one at Sofitel Cardales and also played Highland Park a couple of times.

Message me if you want to play Palermo one afternoon.
Hey Ronny,
Thanks for the message and the offer, might take you up on that. Yeah I have played the Palermo course a few times. Its great for the price alright. Do I need to be a member somewhere in Argentina to get a matricula? Thats the part that I am stumped on.

Found this website for anyone who wants to play golf.

You need to sign up with somewhere to get your Matricula/Handicap, currently 130,000 for the rest of the year at Palermo.
Then sign up to this website using your matricula and they show all the competitions.
Hi Ronnie,

Thank you for sharing this link. I'm living in BA and would love to explore some of the local courses. Do you know which courses have club rentals? Also, I'd be happy to meet with other players for a round.

Thanks,

Hi Ronnie,

Thank you for sharing this link. I'm living in BA and would love to explore some of the local courses. Do you know which courses have club rentals? Also, I'd be happy to meet with other players for a round.

Thanks,
Palermo definitely does, I don’t know how much they cost.

I know because I played with an American lady who had hired them for the day.

Only other course I know that does is Sofitel Cardales but that’s rather out of the way.

Thank you!
Palermo isn't on the link by the way but you can turn up and play, weekends is very busy so you'd be in for a wait.
Weekdays I find Friday afternoon around 1130 to 1330 you can turn up and get on.

I just had to point out that two people using the usernames, "HenryHoneyBalls" and "Ronnie Hotdogs," are posting in this thread. Thank you for making me laugh. May your balls fly high and your drives reach the sky, fellas!

Back