good bookstore for second-hand local history books?

buenoseria

Registered
Hi Folks,
I am in search of a specific book, "Historia de los Barrios de Bueons Aires" by Vicente Osvaldo Cutolo (actually two books, volumes 1 and 2). It's in Spanish and fairly technical. Anyone know of some bookstores I could try that specialize in history/local interest titles? I'm lost amongst all the small local places...

Thanks!
Allison

You might ask at CP67-
http://www.cp67.com/
They specialize in architectural books, but dont have used books per se.
So they probably dont have it- but they are very knowledgeable about subjects like this, and could well know who does.

They are on Florida, way in the back of an anonymous galleria.

If I were you I'd try the book vendors at either Parque Rivadavia or Centenario. There are thousands of used books there, and the vendors can be quite knowledgable. Good luck.

You can always try the National Library or the Congress one in case they're not available from stores.

There is a bookstore like that in Paraguay between Libertad and Talcahuano, maybe you can try there.

Thank you all for the suggestions, I will try these leads. Gatorverde, I've been using the copies of these books at the Biblioteca Nacional but I've found it to be sort of a pain (can't bring in my Spanish-English dictionary, have to a 1-peso coin for the lockers, few places to plug in a laptop, showing my library "visa" document everywhere, etc). It's too bad, as the library has a great collection! Just not the most user-friendly place for a foreigner with crap Spanish.

I'm so sorry but yeah, I always thought the locker policy sucked, especially in a public library.
To be honest, I haven't been to the Congress library for ages but I do remember using similar (if not the same) books when doing some college work about BA neighbourhoods.
As far as I know you are not supposed to pay anything at all there, and they also used to have a dictionary room. Even if you couldn't take the books you are using into this room-which frankly I don't remember- you can still run copies of the books at their very affordable copyshop into the library to do your research at home in friendlier conditions.
Hope this helps ... best of luck!

Back