Good Car Mechanic?

ElQueso

Registered
My poor 1999 Renault Megane has a couple of problems that I need to get fixed. I'm looking to see if anyone with a car, or anyone who knows someone with a car, has any recommendations.

I recently blew the exhaust gasket. Before that, I have some kind of problem with the front suspension that allows the trans-axle to shift a little when starting or stopping.

I've had the trans-axle problem for awhile now. I've taken the car to three different places, including a Renault dealership and haven't been able to get that one fixed. When I take it, they do something, but a month or so (the last time a week or so) later it starts shifting again.

Any help would be appreciated! I'm getting so damned tired of trying to get this fixed properly...

I'm looking for actual shops here, unless someone can convince me that a "shade tree" mechanic here can do better.

Preferrably somewhat close to Microcentro, but as long as it is within Cap Fed I'll be reasonably happy :)

we have a lovely mechanic that is very honest and hard working on Godoy Cruz close to the corner with Costa Rica. He is called Pedro and it is a family run place that has been functioning for over 30 years. All the neighbours use him too. He has a Renault himself so that should be a good sign!

Back