good dentist required

MizzMarr said:
Can anybody recommend a really good (OSDE) dentist in Caballito? I'm looking through the OSDE book, but with one bad experience behind me I really want to go to someone who knows what they are doing! Otherwise I might just travel to see Dr. Schmid, recommended upthead. TIA!!

Dental Art works with OSDE but we are in belgrano, its only a 20 min bus ride from Acoyte subte station!!!!

ask me anything!!!

I just went to see Dr. Schmid and it was the worst experience I've ever had. I tried to make an appointment for a check up and general cleaning but he didn't want to do the cleaning before doing a consult.

Of course before all this wanted to know which insurance I use. When he found out I had insurance it was like a green light to do as many things as possible. When I told him I wanted the check up and cleaning together, he finally agreed, but when I showed up for my appointment, he refused to do the cleaning and came up with a list of other things that he would do first. I don't mean to sound defensive, but I had just been to a Canadian dentist before coming here and he found none of those problems.

I never got my cleaning, and when I asked him when I could have it done, he told me it wasn't necessary and that we would take care of all the other stuff first. When have you heard a dentist say a cleaning isn't necessary? When I told him I wanted it because it had been a year, he told me I shouldn't act like a kid and he was the dentist and knew what was more important. Nice. I won't be returning. Just a heads up in case anyone wants a cleaning from him...you may have to fight for it!

jaredwb said:
Hi,

I'm not sure if this Dentist speaks English, BUT...he is phenomenal. In fact he is the Dentist for Mario Pergollini (famous tv conductor).

We have recommended a large number of people and they all love him.

Dr Rudolpho Schmidt

His office is on Santa Fe across from Botanico.

J

I go to Bettina Pettiti who is the Colgate rep for Argentina and speaks excellent English. You can find her on Cordoba and Uruguay:

Av. Córdoba 1364 2do
4371 6758

Her brother Walter is also a sweetheart but doesnt speak English.

Overall re charms experience you cannot tell dentists/doctors/hairdressers/beauticians what to do and when to do it...this is a different country where consultations typically procede everything so it`s best to enter with an open mind and no stress re your next appt or you will end up with an ulcer!

Charms,
I also had a simular experience, not the same dr but I was told that I didnt need to have my teeth cleaned yearly. I insisted that I wanted it and they cleaned them. I just found that strange coming from a dentist.

as is my dentist friend who practically spoon feeds her kids Dulce de leche...and btw she has ugly teeth....I never knew a dentist who didnt have beautiful pearly whites so anything is possible

thanks fifs2 - I went to Bettina Pettiti. not only was she very friendly and knowledgeable - my teeth were cleaned without issue - and after fixing the one tooth that needed to be fixed in 5 minutes, said everything else was fine. strange after the other dentist listed more than 5 major things including a special authorization from OSDE. Thanks for a great recomendation...I'll be returning!

can anyone update on good English speaking dentists for cleaning and how much it should be so I know I am not being ripped off?

any dentist that do teeth whitiening? how much would they charge without insurance?

fifs2 said:
I go to Bettina Pettiti who is the Colgate rep for Argentina and speaks excellent English. You can find her on Cordoba and Uruguay:

Av. Córdoba 1364 2do
4371 6758

Her brother Walter is also a sweetheart but doesnt speak English.

I just made an appointment with a "Pettiti". I'm actually not sure if it's going to be Bettina or Walter, because I just heard the apellido and hit "1".

I will report back.

I know that I need a cleaning and I think that I may need other stuff.

I went to another guy recommended by friends in October-ish of '09. He wasn't planning on doing the cleaning, but rather just a consultation first. Ultimately I got him to do the cleaning. It was AR$250 for everything. (Pretty high I think.)

At that time the guy wanted to fix stuff that needed to be done, plus re-do the surfaces of some of my molars that had been done by my guy in the States. He said that they weren't truly matching, but rather just covered over. (I wouldn't doubt that he's right. It might be over-kill, but I think that he would have improved the surfaces.)

There were some other things that he wanted to do and everything would have cost ~just under AR$3,000. Insanely cheap by American standards even if he was doing twice as much work as I needed.

SIDE NOTE: His teeth were excellent, but then again his mother was/is a dentist as well, so his dental care his entire life was top-notch.

I want to check out Pettiti first and then I will decide whether to continue with her or go back to the P. Hollywood guy. I was going to try the Shmidt guy because of proximity, but I Charms' review scared me off.

Will update as things proceed.

joulietted said:
My dentist is great, he really cares about his patients, and also speaks english.

Mariano Oviedo
Esmeralda 1375 2C
4322-3493

This is my dentist! I would recommend him.

Back