Good Fish - Bad Fish

davecox84

Registered
Hi,

Thanks for your help with locating a good beer store. Here is the next dilemma; I am craving some good home cooked fish. Almost most all of the “Fresh” fish stores I have seen have been far form fresh and the one good one I saw I forgot where it was.

Does anyone have a good fish mongered that they can recommend? Preferably near Palermo but I am willing to travel.

Cheers
Dave

French jurist said:
Palermo --> Ostramar on Santa Fe

I know, I know..I agree, it`s a good option for whole fresh fish in particular but the seafood is so poor. Cooked undeveined prawns at the weekend jjust made me weep for fresh seafood. It`s my own fault, this is meat country and anything else is a poor substitute.

There is a really good fish market (out of the expat zone) at the Av. Los Incas stop on the B line subte. It's in Villa Urquiza.

It's called Joaquin Pescador, and its right there on Av. Triunvirato as you get out of the subway. All kinds of fresh fish, prepared fried and baked fish, paella on wednesdays, sushi on tuesdays and tarta and empanadas de merluza and atún that are really good and very well priced. Highly recommended.

I just found San Antonio from a Groupon promotion for a box of jumbo shrimp. They were probably the biggest and best I have had in Buenos Aires yet. Check out their web site at: http://www.sanantonioonline.com.ar/ (close to Alto Palermo)

Back