Good Lawyer for opening a company and starting business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neirobiologist

Registered
Dear Expats! Please, Can you recommend me a good laywer or reliable law company, english-speaking laywer, who can help me to open a company (private firm, LLC)? I want to deal with medical business. So I need to open a NEGICIO and start this business i Buenos Aires.

I have searched thru Baexpats and didnt find anything, just immigration lawyers. But I need a reliable law company which will do all this job, to open a medical business.
thank you!=)

probably didn't find much because hardly anyone starts a business here due to the red tape. there was an old thread on here about someone who owned a local shop and eventually gave up and moved away because they couldn't take it anymore.

good luck... you'll probably need it!

Consider carefully. In a previous life I was responsible for all Latin American business development for the world's second largest software company, by market cap. I spent much time in the region. Without hesitation I assert that the Argentinos were easily the least productive workers. Further, the tax, licensing and labor regulations were a nightmare. Have you considered Chile? If you are mostly looking for a lifestyle, than Argentina would be fine. But if you're looking at establishing a sizeable operation with the expectation of generating revenue in the region, I suggest that you consider Chile. Or better yet, go to Singapore.

I had a meeting yesterday with https://www.wsclegal.com/en/ for tax advice. I am not sure they will do everything for you, but startups are one of their practice areas, you can always ask them if they can help you. I initially made contact with Laurence Wiener, who is an American and speaks perfect English. He is however not in Buenos Aires for the coming two weeks, so I met with his partner Gonzalo Soto instead, who is Argentine, but we also spoke in English. I am happy with their service.

I had a meeting yesterday with https://www.wsclegal.com/en/ for tax advice. I am not sure they will do everything for you, but startups are one of their practice areas, you can always ask them if they can help you. I initially made contact with Laurence Wiener, who is an American and speaks perfect English. He is however not in Buenos Aires for the coming two weeks, so I met with his partner Gonzalo Soto instead, who is Argentine, but we also spoke in English. I am happy with their service.

Great) i wil try this. Thankx))))
it is so hard to find some best Lawyers here

This is not a good time to start a company here. I would wait till there’s a new administration in place.
The current government is totally corrupt.

This is not a good time to start a company here. I would wait till there’s a new administration in place.
So was the last one, and almost certainly the next one as well, given the likely alternatives, so is there ever a good time?

But there are startups here, very successful ones too. And foreign companies, (Chilean retail companies * for example) invest in Argentina. Knowing how to operate in an adverse environment can be very lucrative, especially if everyone else is scared to.

I don't know of any lawyers for this either, just paying attention on the off-chance someone does.

* yes I know the big Chilean retailers have largely pulled out again but I think this is more to do with the situation at home, they also pulled out of Colombia around the same time.

I second Frank on this one. There's never a good time. If you want a riskless investment buy treasury bonds.

I forgot to ask Neirobiologist if he speaks or is near fluent in Spanish. Because otherwise you're going to get taken to the cleaners.
Argentina has got to be one of the scam capitals of the world. Just trying to avoid the poster a major headache and a loss of mucho $$$.
There are plenty of unscrupulous legal people just waiting for foreigners like him to arrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back