Good News - Netflix Now Available In Argentina

The content is hosted on servers that have limits for non paying viewers. So if you want to watch the content without time limits, you have to buy a monthly streaming account. I am sure the owners of Cuevana make commissions on the paying viewers they send to megavideo, videobb etc. Not a bad business model, but not exactly free.

MatiArg said:
Cuevana

www.cuevana.tv

DVD quality and Free!

Tell that to the owners of the content.

marksoc said:
No, is not stealing. It is copyright infringement, but it is not stealing at all. Two different things.

Good News - Netflix Now Available In Argentina

Meanwhile....

captureqa.jpg

Horror show: Netflix losing more customers than expected on price hike, stock plunges 19 pct

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- Netflix's decision to raise prices by as much as 60 percent is turning into a horror show.

The customer backlash against the higher rates, kicking in this month, has been much harsher than Netflix Inc. anticipated. That prompted management to predict Thursday that the company --the largest U.S. video subscription service-- will end September with 600,000 fewer U.S. customers than it had in June.

It will mark just the second time in 12 years that Netflix has lost subscribers from one quarter to the next. The last downturn occurred during 2007 when Netflix lost a mere 55,000 from March through June.

Since then, Netflix has turned into Wall Street's equivalent of a box-office flop. Its shares plunged $39.46, or about 19 percent

Source

I'm wondering why they are now opening branches here....:rolleyes:

Tell that to the owners of the content.

I can tell them that, because that is the name of what you do when somebody illegally downloads a copy of "The Smurfs" with a torrent. That person did not stole the copy from a store: making a digital copy of a movie does not have any pernicious effect over the original copied. The owners of the rights cannot even claim that the person in question would have paid to see the movie if he could not get the illegal copy.

Netflix will fail in Argentina unless it provides the latest TV shows and the latest movies, or their mail service with DVDs with nice extras.

I'm assuming you are someone who illegally downloads content you have not paid for ?

marksoc said:
I can tell them that, because that is the name of what you do when somebody illegally downloads a copy of "The Smurfs" with a torrent. That person did not stole the copy from a store: making a digital copy of a movie does not have any pernicious effect over the original copied. The owners of the rights cannot even claim that the person in question would have paid to see the movie if he could not get the illegal copy.

Netflix will fail in Argentina unless it provides the latest TV shows and the latest movies, or their mail service with DVDs with nice extras.

I have now had Netflix for about one month. Good news--they have expanded their library. Bad news--TV shows like Quantum Leap and Law & Order are dubbed in Spanish with no English option. Netflix's customer service is awful. They do little to correct these problems. They have a toll-free number in Argentina but I called it from my Movistar and the call cost $ARG33! PS I am not anti-Spanish but I would rather see those shows in English just like I would rather see "Las Nueve Reinas" in Spanish. So far, I am not pleased,

Agree! Dubbed never works.
Ever seen John Wayne dubbed into Japanese? He sounded like a Geisha girl :)

I gave Netflix a month and then I canceled. .I really wanted to like it and have them suceed. What an embarrassing launch: a tiny library of films (mostly form the 80s and 90s) and several things that I DID want to watch only to find them dubbed in Portuguese or Spanish only. Customer service is nonexistent! Meanwhile, Cuevana is like heavan (Not to mention being free!) Netflix deserves to fail.

You can get the American version of Netflix streaming (US$8/month) by going through a VPN or similar intermediary. The one I like is called Unblock-US because they only re-route your streaming content, not the rest of your internet - thus easing privacy and speed concerns. It's US$5/month.
I'm happy to pay a total of US$13/month for unlimited streaming of HD-quality movies and TV shows. The American version of Netflix has far more content than the Argentine version, and of course nothing is dubbed.

elalancito said:
I have now had Netflix for about one month. Good news--they have expanded their library. Bad news--TV shows like Quantum Leap and Law & Order are dubbed in Spanish with no English option. Netflix's customer service is awful. They do little to correct these problems. They have a toll-free number in Argentina but I called it from my Movistar and the call cost $ARG33! PS I am not anti-Spanish but I would rather see those shows in English just like I would rather see "Las Nueve Reinas" in Spanish. So far, I am not pleased,

Back