Good place with free, fast WiFi?

TheCAPT

Registered
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know a good place with free, decently fast WiFi?
I need to download and send some larger files for work. My DNI precaria is due next month and until then I can't hire any home internet service. I'm spending too much money on data plans and it's not enough for what I have to send. I went to a few small cafés but the speed was really really slow. I'd appreciate any suggestions
Thanks!

Most rational wait till next month or have a resident hire the service for you or find locutorio with a fast wifi service. Good luck

Hi
When I am in BA
I need quality coffee and good wifi.

Here a few, there are many others,
be prepare to pay a bit more for your coffee.

Beware, sometimes it can be tricky
but in general the wifi is 95 % reliable.

1/ "Crisol"
, two locations
Av. Libertador and Olleros
Cañitas
&
Av Pueyrredon and Vicente Lopez
Recoleta

2/ " Ninina" , two locations
Gorriti 4738
Palermo
&
Malba Museum
Av. Figueroa Alcorta
Ninina is expensive

3/Import Coffee (Illy coffee) two
Libertad & Arenales
Recoleta
Calle Corrientes 499
Centro

Good luck!

Not sure it´d be what you´re looking for, but for some bizarre reason the Metro has by far the fastest and most reliable WI-FI in the city.

And you will find electrical outlets (220v), available for public use, underneath many of their station benches where you can recharge your cellphone.

How safe is it to use Metro or any unsecured internet?

How safe is it to use Metro or any unsecured internet?

According to tech experts, it's not safe if accessing banking and social media sites as well as to execute online purchases.
For those activities they recommend using additionally a VOIP service to maximize security. Is that a viable solution?

According to tech experts, it's not safe if accessing banking and social media sites as well as to execute online purchases.
For those activities they recommend using additionally a VOIP service to maximize security. Is that a viable solution?

It depends. If you visit a website with a trustworthy security certificate and if the site implements TLS correctly, there is not much hackers can do. This all depends on how well everything is set up technically. Google, Facebook, Amazon, PayPal should all be fine. I do not know about Argentinian banks, they may not be safe.

Back