Good Tea

Also, Paul's in Palermo has a beautiful tea shop, selling loose tea. And, a great place to get a nice cup of espresso, with a small plate of those little candied orange peels, delicious.
Nancy

Where in Palermo?

Inti's Chai Tea is very good. You can get it in most dieteticas.

I bring all my tea from the UK, asking family and friends to bring it. Only thing I could stomach was the Green hills here. Now if they can sort out the milk here I might be able to make a decent cuppa.

Thanks for the English Breakfast recommend! The other day I was getting ill and went into Jumbo thinking I'll pay anything for a box of Twining's English Breakfast -- then when I finaly found it, it was 70 pesos for 18 bags? I couldn't bring myself to do it...

I've been buying the Heredia brand Earl Grey lately (http://www.laboratoriosheredia.com/) and picked up the Inti Zen "Ilumine" (English Breakfast)

Paul's on Goritti, between Guruchaga and Armenia ( please excuse my spelling, not near a map).
Nancy

Along with general dissatisfaction with the quality of coffee, [...]
There is also good coffee available in Argentina. Café Fundador Espresso is my absolute favorite. Thanks to Café Fundador I am off Illy, now. Also Cabrales has some types that are fairly decent - but might be sometimes harder to find in super markets.

Are you guys just talking about black/green tea or also about infusión? I never drink black, regular English-style tea. But there's a supermarket brand of herbal teas I quite like. I usually looked for better stuff in organic shops. I wonder if the companies you are talking about also sell good organic herbal tea. For instance, I am fond of stinging nettle tea, which cured my skin issues when I was young.

Sometimes, I also drink mate with Cuyo herbs. Damn, I wish I could buy Terma here in Europe. The internet shops sell a million mate brands, but not Terma. Anyone else drinks Terma?

I usually bring tea from the States, but have you tried http://www.teaconnection.com.ar/? (website being updated at the moment, but there are several branches around town).

I bought a couple of containers of loose green tea from the Tea Conn. Seemed good to me, though I am not a tea expert. I'll drink anything. Even terere, which I am drinking as I type.

Back