Gov of South Carolina marries Argentne girlfriemd

chris

Registered
Remember the scandal that broke about three years ago when the governor of South Carolina disappeared and was found in BA having fun with a local woman? As a result the governor, a serious contender for Republican Presidential candidate, ruined his political career. His wife (a wealthy woman who had bankrolled his political career) left him, along with their four beautiful kids. Now the governor has just married the woman of his dreams here in BA. Amazing what BA can do to you.....

http://www.clarin.com/sociedad/gobernador-Carolina-Sur-amante-argentina_0_761324070.html

Beautiful story! I wish the best for the couple.
But why do US men always have to make such a show at proposing? I always thought if you are going to do the nasty deed, it should be over a serious conversation, not some trumped up show for others to watch.
Also, just because dad cheated on mom doesn´t mean the kids should divorce dad or "leave him". He cheated on her, not the kids.

It's his life but I do feel sorry for the kids and the ex wife. Divorce causes a lot of problems and is very hard on children. I don't see it as a very beautiful story when I think of the anguish and humiliation (remember Sanford's escapades were exposed by the international media) the former wife and children have gone through.

I dont know why....but I do find this fair funny! Good for them though...

I don't see any humor here. I know there is no malintent in the statement, and this isn't intended to criticize, but someone who says there is no reason he should have a problem with his children, he didn't cheat on them just doesn't understand. The words are easy to say, but the effects on the child often are never overcome. He, in fact, did cheat on them. If a person decides to move on, it is a bit less traumatic if he goes ahead and gets a divorce without another person in the picture. One of the saddest situations I ever saw was when a young relative of mine found out that her father was cheating on her mother. Her brother took it more with anger, but then he was 18 and probably being more "manly," but she was crushed. I think the time may come when they will speak to him again--at least for their benefit I hope so--but he will never be able to undo what he did to them and I don't believe he'll ever be able to restore the relationships that they had. I feel the same about this governor. Some things can't be undone. I can't imagine how I'd feel if my own father had ever done anything like that. He didn't and it feels good to me today to know that I had a faithful father as my heritage, even though he's long gone to his reward. I hope every man here will resolve to give their own kids that kind of heritage. It really makes a difference.

Ah.... that's heartwarming.
I see it this way,
when we first knew about the scandal we had time to feel sorry for the wife and kids (heck, I still do but thts besides the point), now we obtain confirmation that it actually ended up well, or at least that it was not just an escapade, or a parallel family scenario.

This will surely strengthen Dixie-Pampan relations. We should celebrate

Back