Grabr for bringing in merchadise

Currently medications are not on the prohibition list for mailing to Argentina per USPS Postal Explorer.
Country Conditions for Mailing — Argentina
Prohibitions (130)
Coins; banknotes; currency notes; securities payable to bearer; traveler’s checks; platinum, gold, and silver; precious stones; jewelry; and other valuable articles except in insured Priority Mail International.
Furs and skins of chinchillas and vicunas.
Radioactive materials.
Radio and television receivers, phonographs and combinations.
Ready-made clothes and fabrics unless they are typical family presents and have no commercial value.
Perishable infectious biological substances.

Restrictions and Observations....etc.etc.

I've received medication here, mailed in a plain envelope via the good old USA Postal Service. The regular mailman delivered it along with my post.

This was a couple of years ago - perhaps things have changed.

The expression "mailed in a plain white envelop" gives the impression that it did not look anything like a package with "things" inside (more than papers) and no customs form/declaration was used. It would be interesting to know how the medication was "concealed" inside the envelope to prevent detection while en route.

Currently medications are not on the prohibition list for mailing to Argentina per USPS Postal Explorer.

Even though currently medications are not on the prohibition list for mailing to Argentina per USPS Postal Explorer, wouldn't the package require
a customs form and would it not have to be picked up in person by the individual who's name is on the prescription as well as on the mailing label?

In that case the recipient can expect to pay the import tax on the value of the medication as well as the shipping. and daily storage until they go to get the package...which may or may not be empty.

It's easy to imagine that insulin could be a valuable target for an employee who has a relative with diabetes (or a co-worker who does). a commodity even more valuable to that person than any iphone they could pinch.

Even though currently medications are not on the prohibition list for mailing to Argentina per USPS Postal Explorer, wouldn't the package require
a customs form and would it not have to be picked up in person by the individual who's name is on the prescription as well as on the mailing label?

In that case the recipient can expect to pay the import tax on the value of the medication as well as the shipping. and daily storage until they go to get the package...which may or may not be empty.

It's easy to imagine that insulin could be a valuable target for an employee who has a relative with diabetes (or a co-worker who does). a commodity even more valuable to that person than any iphone they could pinch.
Same link as originally posted....continue reading under Observations

I personally do not mail ANYTHING via USPS to Argentina as it must go thru the hands of employees at the distribution center of Correo Argentino!

The expression "mailed in a plain white envelop" gives the impression that it did not look anything like a package with "things" inside (more than papers) and no customs form/declaration was used. It would be interesting to know how the medication was "concealed" inside the envelope to prevent detection while en route.
I left a medication behind, and my neighbor mailed it to me, both of us being totally ignorant of regulations. It was not concealed in any way.

She flattened the cardboard box, pills and all, and put in a USPS envelope.

"Fools step in where angels fear to tread"

Same link as originally posted....continue reading under Observations

I personally do not mail ANYTHING via USPS to Argentina as it must go thru the hands of employees at the distribution center of Correo Argentino!

So who do you recommend using? I keep reading terrible stories of shipping, but it sounds like you have been successful!

This morning I made a Grabr purchase. Gotta' have my Metamucil. Costs $55 at Walmart. I paid $96 (could have been $9 less using local payment service in Pesos). The equivilant purchase by weight on MercadoLibre was double that. My $96 included a $25 delivery charge (I was offered the transaction with a $15 delivery charge 15 minutes later....so don't be in a hurry to accept offers). The delivery will be in 9 days.

Back