Great Icelandic volcanic ash

BA Art

Registered
You can't go home. Your friends or family can't visit you. Is anyone affected by this this massive air flight disruption?

I amy well be. Due to leave BA on vacation on Tuesday, flying via Houston and Newark, then onto Dublin. Dublin flight due to leave Newark (NY) on Wednesday night - So I'm hoping they will be clear by then, but feeling less optimistic as each day goes by - Not to mention the backlog of passengers....

well my family were meant to be visiting next week. Suppose to fly out tomorrow evening and then arrive here Monday. I keep checking NAT updates that give you info about the airports and when they are re-evaluated the situation, and to be honest, the time of when they're allowing flights to depart/arrive keeps being pushed back. At the moment, flights arent allowd to go into uk airspace until 7am tomo..and an update will b given later on today..
Ive gotta feeling itll b pushed back more!!! I hope not though..fingers crossed!

I would not be so optimistic as Katla the much larger volcano normally reawakens with the eruption of Eyjafjallajokull volcano .
I do not share the feeling of optimism that others have that all this activity is normal as combined with all the earthquakes its disturbing.

pericles said:
I would not be so optimistic as Katla the much larger volcano normally reawakens with the eruption of Eyjafjallajokull volcano .
I do not share the feeling of optimism that others have that all this activity is normal as combined with all the earthquakes its disturbing.

Indeed, a bigger icelandic volcano could awake soon.
As for the end of the world, I'm expecting it for 2012, not 2010 ;-)

Yes - I was supposed to be headed to London on Monday via Brazil today. My flights were canceled and the airline did give me a full refund.

I am starting to think I am bad luck - booked a trip to Peru in January and they had the mudslides. I was supposed to go to Chile the beginning of March and the day before my trip, they had the earthquake. And now this volcano.

Liam - definitely doublecheck your flights.

I'm meant to be flying out to B.A. on Monday (delayed from last Thursday already!) and it's looking unlikely. Toying with the idea of jumping on a coach down to Madrid (from Newcastle) and flying from there as flights seem to be leaving OK. Although I'd hate to end up there with no flights leaving!

Nick.

I had my flight to Frankfurt yesterday with Lufthansa, but it seems like I am not going anywhere for a while. With the continuing eruptions and the growing back log, I wouldnt be surprised if I have to wait at least a week.
Here you find official updates every 6h on the spread of the dibris:
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/aviation/vaac/vaacuk_vag.html
----------------------------------------
Britain: WTF Iceland?!? Why did you send us volcanic ash ? Our airspace has shut down.
Iceland: What ? It's what you asked for isn't it ?
Britain: NO! Cash! Cash you dyslexic ****. CASH!
Iceland: woooops... To the British and Dutch Governments: There is no C in the Icelandic alphabet, so when you ask for Cash, all you get is Ash...

Depends on the altitude of the ash and the wind direction. I'll beat Cabera to the punch and state this is obviously the the work of the U.S. Military and CIA. I flew over Mt. Saint Helens in Washington state about 2 weeks after it erupted back in 79 or 80 (can't remember) so stay tuned.

Back