Great salon (hairdresser) recommendation

Ashley

Registered
I've lived here for a good many years and have tried several of the upper-scale hair places with mediocre to bad results. I've been going to Cool Cuts for the past 5 years for colour (only because that's where my colourist works) but was never that impressed with the overall "experience" and avoided getting any extras (my former hairdresser left that same salon and now cuts my hair from home).
Anyway...to get to the point, my colourist recently left CC and moved to a place called Ambient Hair (on charcas...near Bulnes). For the first time in a long time, I really enjoyed my afternoon at the hair salon! The place is light and airy, not hot and sticky at all. The music wasn't overbearing. The woman who washed my hair used quality products (not the standard Loreal) and didn't rip my scalp off...I got a free cup of coffee. I was in there for 2.5 hours and watched several women come and go with great hair cuts. The manicurist was superb... I know a lot of women have problems with the hairsalons here so I'd really suggest they give Ambient a try. It was also excellently priced at 170 pesos for a full head of highlights and a wash.
For anyone looking for a decent colourist, ask for Fabian (I've recommended him on here before). He's really good. Gives my dark blonde, curly and dry hair excellent highlights - doesn't use those god-awful rubber caps. And visiting him is all the more pleasurable now that its in salon where you're not going to get treated badly, ripped off and leave looking like an extra in glam rock video...

I get my hair coloured occasional... god there are some awful salons in the city. I'm glad (obviously not) that other people have noticed how bad you get treated.

Normally I go to Roho which is pretty good. Shame it is so fucking expensive. It works out more then the top salons in London (which are far better). They use Redken products and the staff are friendly. Don't speak any English though.

I shall keep Ambient Hair in mind for the next time!

To those who may be interested,
It is true that BsAs is one of the worst cities when it comes to hair salons being bad or indeed the stylist lacking training.

I work from my own home or go to the clients home (within geographical limits). I have trained professionally and I have many years experience.

I have built up a good clientèle here and also a good reputation with reasonable rates.

Many thanks Terrie you did an excellent work with my hair last week ;) I recommend Terrie she is fantastic and I spend a wonderful time everytime I go to see her!
Reina

Back