Great Story- Steve what do you say?

I think it's nonsense to generalize a whole region of people as being as being the same. It's a big city, and like in any big city it's to be expected that when there is a larger population, there will be a proportionate number of crimes occurring.

And sure, any one person can have a variety of different experiences in any city, I doubt it's ones outlook on life that make one more susceptible to crime. But I believe that you get out of life what you take from it. Get stolen from once or twice (or whatever) and have the mindset that everyone is out to get you in this city (or wherever), or have the belief that you were in the wrong place at the wrong time, that sometimes shit happens. It's all the same statistically, whether you believe one way or the other... the only impact is your outlook and your quality of life. That being said, I don't intent to be blasé about the crime around me, but I certainly won't let it affect the perspective I choose to have.

Hey guys!

I have lived here almost 7 tears,
That's either a damn funny typo for very suitable considering your post!

captdave said:
Hey guys!

I grew up in NYC, and I don't think BsAs is more dangerous then NY (at least when I grew up there), but street crime here tends to be more violent - NY muggers are generally more "business-like" and less likely to raise the stakes with violence unless confronted (again, personal experience)

Saludos, David

That is because the lately social exclusion, after (2001) and the explosion of bloody drug use, this country used to be almost drug free before the 90's but all changed for the worse now no more isolated from this rubbish it is consumed here and that brings all these violent crimes, now a worldwide problem and unfortunately unstoppable.

captdave said:
Hey guys!

dsc said:
That's either a damn funny typo for very suitable considering your post!

lol...Not a tear more nor a tear less.... in sum a painful experience

captdave said:
Hey guys!

Ooops- sorry guys!
That actually isn't true - I obviously enjoy living here, or I wouldn't be here! My point was that one's lack of experience with crime first hand doesn't mean it ain't here!

I also agree that I can be as guilty as anyone generalizing about Argentina, particularly in making statements about Argentina based on time spent in BsAs. Porteños are their own special blend, for better and worse, and to voice an opinion about Argentina based on BsAs is about as inaccurate as generalizing about the US based on time spent in NYC or Los Angeles!
All porteños are Argentinos, but not all Argentinos are porteños!

Saludos,

David

Back