Greeting cards

Smurf

Registered
Has anyone seen a greeting card here for sale e.g. a birthday card, thank you card or even a blank card?
Taking a look in the Papeterie and have not seen any so far. I feel I am looking in the wrong place or they don't exist. One can indeed buy invitation cards in bulk e.g. for weddings. Appreciate any tips

https://www.monoblock.tv/en/278-paper-goods This made me curious so I had a look around today, Monoblock has some greetings cards if any branch is close to you.

But yeah, there must be something more mainstream, where I wonder? Maybe around the gift products section of a large supermarket?

If you come from the UK(largest greeting card market in the world, by population) or the USA(2nd largest) it can come as a surprise to find that other cultures just aren't that into sending cards. Maybe having/not having an effective, cheap postal service is something to do with it?

There used to be a Christian bookstore nearby which as well as religious cards stocked a (very) few birthday and other occasion cards but it closed a few years ago. I like to send cards so mostly I bring back an assortment whenever I come back from the UK

Maybe having/not having an effective, cheap postal service is something to do with it?
I doubt that's the reason: even though it's a low bar, Correo Argentino seems to have the most ubiquitous and effective (and cheap, too) postal service anywhere in the region.

I don't see on their website that they have a postal card rate, so do up whatever you want and send it in an envelope.

I doubt that's the reason: even though it's a low bar, Correo Argentino seems to have the most ubiquitous and effective (and cheap, too) postal service anywhere in the region.

I don't see on their website that they have a postal card rate, so do up whatever you want and send it in an envelope.
The only mail that ever arrives here is official post (which I don't think uses CA anyway) and signed for documents. Stuff we send overseas never gets there. Stuff from overseas never arrives here. Ordinary post used to be bad but used to arrive eventually in either direction, now... ...nothing. That's our experience, anyway. YMMV.

But getting back to greetings cards, none of my circle ever send them and find it a novelty that I do.

The only mail that ever arrives here is official post (which I don't think uses CA anyway) and signed for documents. Stuff we send overseas never gets there. Stuff from overseas never arrives here. Ordinary post used to be bad but used to arrive eventually in either direction, now... ...nothing. That's our experience, anyway. YMMV.

But getting back to greetings cards, none of my circle ever send them and find it a novelty that I do.
OK, I guess YMMV, I've had international incoming documents delivered by CA, I've sent both documents and parcels internationally by CA, I've sent and received national documents by CA, and never a problem. The only time I had problems was when I was to receive an international parcel, and wasn't able to pay the VEP. It was actually sent back and I was able to pick it up on my next trip home.

Just go to the local "libreria" and ask for them. You will find for sure blank cards and more.

Back