greetings and questions from a Cordoba expat

voyagingknoxvillian

Registered
Greetings BAexpats! I am an expat living Cordoba capital. I am from EEUU, Tennessee and have been living in Cordoba for the last 6 months with my long term Argentine boyfriend (we met and dated in the US).

My Argentine and I visiting Buenos Aires next week for, you guessed it, a short trip out of the country. We are staying in San Telmo, but not for the weekend. Do you have any favorite watering holes, places to eat, markets, shops in San Telmo that are not expensive? Any other tips?

On crossing to Uruguay, Tigre sounds like a tranquil and more affordable option, but is there anything to do in Carmelo? Should we head to Colonia instead?

On another note, I think Cordoba is quite a nice city. Please come visit and hit me up for advice on what to do there. Anytime.

The Tigre ferry goes to Carmelo - not very interesting, in my opinion.

You may consider taking the slow (and cheap) Buquebus ferry to Colonia instead. Leaves at nine and gets to Colonia at noon - that gives you five hours there before catching it back to BA. More than enough to see the small town.

The cheapest option to get to Colonia is Colonia Express, getting the tickets through their website. They run smaller boats that get to Colonia in an hour. The terminal is a few blocks from San Telmo.

http://www.coloniaexpress.com/ar/

Back