Greetings

Chet

Registered
I am very likely to be relocating to BA mid-next year. (how very confusing can't say next summer -lol).
I am a somewhat seasoned expat, not having lived in the US in some years now but Argentina will be all new, as will Spanish!
Hoping to make some contacts here and get understanding of some basics, like what part of the city to look for apartment, expected costs, questions about the paperwork needed to live there long term and well probably a dozen more questions.
oh yes, I am female, 60+ and single.

I would be happy to assist you in some areas. I am not looking for a date -- so wanted to clear the air on that issue. -- however going out to lunch or the like is in the cards if agreeable at some point ..
in any case .. i live half the year in the usa. and half in BA. actually i am split between three locations. if i can assist you in some ways please ask yet there are many in this forum who know much more than myself.

haha
date would not be on the menu soon anyway, too much to think about with a move. But coffee or the like would certainly be helpful while I figure out how to get settled.
Can anyone give me some tips on what parts of town to look for apartments, about what I would expect to pay for a furnished one and some pointers on 'immigration' ?

Welcome Chet, for when you arrive. Since you've already been an expat, you're already ahead of most people in your ability to make things work.
There is a "search function" on this site, and it is particularly useful when one is seeking the basics as you are....we have answered these questions many times and if you do a search of the newcomers and expat life forums using keywords such as "best neighborhoods" or "residency or permatourist" you'll have enough recent answers to keep you reading for hours! The members here have excellent knowledge on a very wide variety of subjects. And we like to give our opinions, Most newcomers raise these same and important questions, happens all the time!...Searching these forums for basic information already given that isn't very time sensitive is a win win for you and us other forum members. Most of us love to help, but don't love redundancy . Take advantage of our collective knowledge, do some searches, and then pose some specific questions that remain unanswered. IMO, This forum is really most beneficial when it is used is an exchange of unique information. We are all just volunteers in this experiment in living!

Well lovely computer problems and life in general kept me busy for a bit but the move is still on. I am searching around here for things but just in case -
My move may be sooner than previously expected, possibly early April.
My Spanish is pretty limited and I would like to hire someone, possibly a student that knows their way around to help with apartment hunting when I get there. Any leads much appreciated.

Back