GSK fined for illegal lab trials on babies causing 14 deaths

scarface

Registered
http://en.mercopress.com/2012/01/04...ewsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=daily
The story is not well articulated or complete in its explanations, however the text includes these incendiary statements:
"The charges included experimenting with human beings, falsifying parental authorizations so babies could participate in vaccine-trials conducted by the laboratory from 2007 to 2008.
Since 2007, 15.000 children under the age of one from Mendoza, San Juan and Santiago del Estero have been included in the research protocol, a statement of what the study is trying to achieve. Babies were recruited from poor families that attended to public hospitals.
A total of 7 babies died in Santiago del Estero; 5 in Mendoza; and 2 in San Juan."

If this story is true I cannot believe it will end with a small fine against GSK.

scarface said:
http://en.mercopress.com/2012/01/04...ewsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=daily
The story is not well articulated or complete in its explanations, however the text includes these incendiary statements:
"The charges included experimenting with human beings, falsifying parental authorizations so babies could participate in vaccine-trials conducted by the laboratory from 2007 to 2008.
Since 2007, 15.000 children under the age of one from Mendoza, San Juan and Santiago del Estero have been included in the research protocol, a statement of what the study is trying to achieve. Babies were recruited from poor families that attended to public hospitals.
A total of 7 babies died in Santiago del Estero; 5 in Mendoza; and 2 in San Juan."

If this story is true I cannot believe it will end with a small fine against GSK.

and don't think this kind of stuff only happens in argentina........

Although Parmaceuticals have a LOOONG history of medication trials in third world countries ( I think Jack anderson broke a story in the '70s) .Its important to point out , as GSK has that said trial was APPROVED by the argentine agency that controlls such things. That was their argument , " Why are you fining us , if YOU gave us the green light."

Fabe said:
Although Parmaceuticals have a LOOONG history of medication trials in third world countries ( I think Jack anderson broke a story in the '70s) .Its important to point out , as GSK has that said trial was APPROVED by the argentine agency that controlls such things. That was their argument , " Why are you fining us , if YOU gave us the green light."
That approval is not reported in the article. Is there some other fuller reportage available?

I agree , there is zip mention of the approval. I heard it today in one of the newscasts on air tv. Certainly , it wasnt TV Publica. They actually were interviewing one of the Doctors that either headed or was part of the trials , and he was dumbfounded that he had been fined and cited that the mentioned agency actually approved and gave the green light to perfom the trials.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
carride Articles 3
G Expat Life 13
Back