Guide to Housing in BsAs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for raising the question about guarantors. Does anyone know, please, about the companies that will act as guarantors for a fee ? Do
landlords often accept them as guarantors ?

EliA, Thanks for the post. The notes above are with respect to "alquilar temporario" /all included. Correct? Do you have an idea for pricing in those same areas with respect to "alquilar" 2 year apartments?

I know most if not all require a guarantor with property, and come with nothing (maybe even no refrigerator) but my understanding is you can get better deals. Any advice or thoughts? Thanks again OP was awesome.

Thanks for raising the question about guarantors. Does anyone know, please, about the companies that will act as guarantors for a fee ? Do
landlords often accept them as guarantors ?

My understanding is that usually most landlords will NOT accept them. They want an actual garantia on a real live property in Capital.

My understanding is that usually most landlords will NOT accept them. They want an actual garantia on a real live property in Capital.

The Worth of a Garantia from Capital will be checked by a Notary Public, at the tenants expense, if it has been used repeatedly in the last year will not be accepted by the landlord.

Well, perhaps or, for sure, it is not known, but you can buy a House for less than 10.000 usd.

For thouse who are living here in a médium term ir long term, it might be better than temporary appartments.

There a houses built by cooperativas (non profit joint ventures) normally ran by unions where they finance houses 100% in pesos.

You can buy a plan and the price depends on how many months were already paid. And you continue paying in stallments for the House in pesos.

There are many of them at Ciudad Evita.

I know somebody who bought one for 100.000 pesos and he pays 3000 per month. 2 bedroom House with garden in a good place of Ciudad Evita.

It s 15/20 minutes by the high way in a non rush hour to down town.

The market works like that: at the place where they pay every month there is a board where everybody can put his advertizing for free buying ir selling the plans. The title of ownership of the House is going to be enacted when the House is full paid. So, DNI is not needed. They are sold using a "transfer of rights contract" made at the notary.

There are other cooperativas of the army, Gendarmería or the police.

Regards

My Argentine friends were talking about these initiatives by the government to offer loans for housing - in this case apartments. If you had a salary below $6000 pesos the loan looks like a good deal - any thoughts?

The financing you get now, is gonna be worth much less in a year or two due to inflation. If you are getting a loan to build your own house, it's a rip off. If you could get the money in a lump sum to buy an already made house, it may be a deal. However, it takes about 12 months to get the actual money, so the price of your house might have increased by that time.

I really don't think that anybody from the expats or Argentines who have a choice to live elsewhere are going to choose to live in La Matanza, where Ciudad Evita is located. It's one of the highest crime areas in all of the conurbano. I'm not saying that the people who live there are all ciriminals by any means, but it's not a very safe place to live and the people who do live there suffer the high crime and abandonment of the area by the provincial government. That's why it's so cheap, not a very desireable place to live. Back in the 1940s and 1950s it was the Levittown of Buenos Aires, but poverty and crime are rampant there, I know you are going to attack me for this post but it's the truth. I wouldn't suggest anyone live there if they can avoid it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back