Guinness.

Gerry

Registered
Who serves the best Guinness In BA?

PS. I don't speak much Spanish.

I've yet to find a decent pint, and lord knows I've tried...

I ordered a Guinnes in Kilkenny Bar one Saturday night and they charged 38 pesos,so i just walked out,rip off or what!!!!!

Guinness is pretty pricey in NYC: $8 in your average pub I would say and forget what it would be at a "fancy" place. So, I would not be surprised at the $38 pesos considering the whole shipping thing and specialty item nature of it.

Now was it a US pint or an UK pint?

Ah, you're in Argentina. Just go for Quilmes Stout. It's basically the same stuff.

(runs for cover)

On a more serious note, my ex-girlfriend found the Guinness in the UK absolutely incredibly nice compared with the taste she was used to from it living here - which she didn't dislike of course, or she wouldn't have drunk it - and by the time she visited the UK she'd been out drinking all over Gran Buenos Aires at one time or another. So I don't fancy your chances.

Guinness is ~AR$30 at an Irish bar on Reconquista & ~Viamonte. (I can't remember the name.)

And you can find it in a bottle for ~AR$6.50 at a Supermercado Chino on Corrientes between Uriburu and Junin.

Buy 6 of those for the price of one pint in Kilkenny. It's not like a Guinness on tap in Ireland, but it's something.

An American walks into an Irish pub and says, “I’ll give anyone $100 if they can drink 10 Guinness’s in 10 minutes.”

Most people just ignore the absurd bet and go back to their conversations. One Irish guy even leaves the bar.

A little while later that Irish guy comes back and asks the American, “Is that bet still on?”

“Sure,” he says.

So the bartender lines 10 pints of Guinness up on the bar the Irish man drinks them all in less than 10 minutes.

As the American hands over the money he asks, “Where did you go when you just left?”

The Irish man answers, “I went next door to the other pub to see if I could do it.”

You might want to try Bueller's Pub & Brewing. It's in Recoleta on Junin and Guido. They have some pretty good micro brewed stuff as well.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Expat Life 2