Guzman just resigned!

It's amazing that someone can go from never having won an elected position to president of a country. I guess it happens though (Peru for example).
There's been a few, Trump, Zalensky, Imran Khan, and Jimmy Morales come to mind.

It's amazing that someone can go from never having won an elected position to president of a country. I guess it happens though (Peru for example).
There's been a few, Trump, Zalensky, Imran Khan, and Jimmy Morales come to mind.
Taylor, Grant, Taft, Hoover, and Eisenhower did not hold any elected public offices before they were elected President. Taylor and Eisenhower never worked in civilian government before they were President. The others held cabinet positions for awhile before they took office as President.

Source: https://history.answers.com/america...ed_public_office_before_they_became_president

Looks like the new Economy Minister is a hardcore K, Silvina Batakis, she's the one responsible for the idea of drastically cutting the coparticipation payments to the city in favor of Provincia.

It happens a lot in Peru, especially in recent history: Fujimori, Toledo, Humala, Kuczynski, and now Castillo. Basically, the only time it doesn't happen is when a president has to resign and the president of the congress finds himself next in line. Kuczynski's vice president was an exception, having been an elected provincial governor.

It happens a lot in Peru, especially in recent history: Fujimori, Toledo, Humala, Kuczynski, and now Castillo. Basically, the only time it doesn't happen is when a president has to resign and the president of the congress finds himself next in line. Kuczynski's vice president was an exception, having been an elected provincial governor.
Yeah I didnt know how common this was. Apparently not so difficult to make pres on your first shot.

Back