Gyms in BA

PAinPalermo

Registered
I was wondering about GYMs in Buenos Aires. I would like to find one around the Palermo area that is reasonable priced and has classes available(aerobics, body pump, etc.) Thanks for the help.

PA

I'm interested as well! Probably going to live in Recoleta but anyway :)
What are the prices (approx. of course) for a membership per month? I enjoy bodystep, pump and especially zumba and I'd live to do those in BsAs as well!

Hi,
"Always Gym" in Palermo Soho on Paraguay 4443 has classes (Body Pump, Yoga, Pilates, Body Combat, Latin Rhythms, Spin, etc.) and is reasonably priced - $180 pesos per month. The equipment is a bit dated but not bad, they have some newer treadmills, free weights and machines. Try to work out near the entrance as on hot days (like all of last week) the back of the gym tends to feel like a sweatbox! But if you get there in the morning or late evening, it's not too bad. Let me know if you decide to join and would like to take some classes together as I could always use the extra motivation!

K

I have asthma and I was wondering if Always is at street level which allows exhaust from the cars and buses to blow inside, or would you say the air quality is not bad ?

thanks.

Also I called Megatlon in Alto Palermo mall, and got these rates quoted:

daily 122
weekly 245
montly 490
6am to midnight 7 days

Pretty high compared to Always, although I have no idea how the two compare.

Always is 2 levels, I've never noticed any car exhaust/fumes, but it's not totally air conditioned (I think just the front area) so I would avoid working out toward the back of the gym as it does get stuffy. It's not the fanciest gym here but in my opinion, totally acceptable for a temporary gym and it does have several kinds of classes and open early/late hours. Cost, at $180 pesos per month is pretty good value as well, especially compared to most others.

Yikes, I'm from San Francisco and am having trouble adjusting to these prices! I'd be curious to know whether gym prices are as high in other neighborhoods, as these prices seem to be out of reach for many porteños.

On the other hand, given the inflation I've seen in Argentina over the past year, in another few months $180 will probably seem like a deal...

I'm not sure. My Argentine friend told me $180 pesos per month was a pretty good deal. I have another friend who just joined Megatlon (their gyms are all over the city) for $205 pesos per month, but he paid for 6 months up front. Monthly, would have been $295 pesos!

jenandj said:
Yikes, I'm from San Francisco and am having trouble adjusting to these prices! I'd be curious to know whether gym prices are as high in other neighborhoods, as these prices seem to be out of reach for many porteños.

On the other hand, given the inflation I've seen in Argentina over the past year, in another few months $180 will probably seem like a deal...

Yah I know what you mean I am from CA also and gym prices in San Diego are much lower than Latam. Keep in mind there is a smaller of number of people who work out, and those that do have some disposable income, so you are forced to pay a premium. Also, any cardio equipment with electronics is typically imported and therefore very expensive. I know many of the gyms in Colombia have tons of free weights and weight machines that were sourced domestically, but unless you go to a top tier gym the cardio machines are usually crude and in poor shape.

Don't go with megatlon, they are thieves, cheats and assholes. Especially the one on Reconquista. Don't do it!!!

Back