Hairdresser 2011

Many expats are on a budget, and Argentine women will pay for luxury, but to a point!

I suggest like many others you lower your prices... or you start making up some story about being Julia Robert's former hair stylist. ;)

I wouldn't mind a recommendation for someone who cuts hair and won't make me look as though I just popped out of an egg! But then again, I wouldn't pay 200 pesos for it! Any ideas?

free glass of champers? I pay 420 at Roho or 150 at Cerini and I get (from Cerini) a bad hair cut, and (from Roho) a 7 hour hair cut and they dont even offer a glass of water.

I used to get tea or a glass of wine in SF when I used to cut my hair at Cinta hair Salon.

Sleuth said:
Good luck getting those prices. I paid $90 pesos at Llongueras and thought that was high (even with the free glass of champagne).

Your prices seem higher than the nicest salons. Do you have a salon or are you doing this out of your apartment?

Ashley said:
I'd echo everyone else in encouraging you to lower your prices! (or at least do some research into the local market). There are some great stylists here (though you have to know where to look), trained both here and abroad, who work at some beautiful salons, charging 1/3 of your prices. There are also a couple of expat hairdressers on this forum who posters usually rave about, and who charge (I think) about half your prices. So you've got some stiff competition...
I'm sure your target is the more prosperous expats population, but your prices are 1/10th/1/12th of what a lot of Argentines/peso earning expats make in a month!
research...

I say go for it! Just because everybody on this thread is urging you lower your prices doesn´t mean you won´t get what you´re asking and also you will only need to work a 1/3 as hard to make the same money... Build it, they will come

It's exciting that you are coming and like me, have a 'mobile job' (I'm a photographer). You will soon realize what prices are suitable for what you are offering. Indeed, you may have to rethink your pricing and adjust it to what people are used to paying here in BA. I operate a photography tour called Day Clicker and I charge $75USD for a 5 hour day with lesson,tour and lunch included. Just for perspective.
Suerte!

Back