Hairdresser 2011

Dashb07

Registered
Hey everyone!

I'm gonna be moving to BA on the 26th of Dec.
I am a licensed hairdresser here in the United States.
I graduated from Toni & Guy Hairdressing Academy & i've been working for Osgood O'neil - one of the top salons in Dallas, TX. (Osgood O'neil)

I like to focus on the balance of style and substance. By creating "beauty", I like to encourage others to take care of themselves. I want to give you a great cut/style, but also increase the integrity of your hair.

As of Jan 1, 2011, I will be taking appointments.

Men's cuts: $55 USD (220 Pesos)
Woman's cuts: $75 USD (300 Pesos)

All of my cuts include a style out (blow dry & product)

I look forward to hearing from everyone and doing some beautiful hair.
If you have any questions or would like to set up an appointment for a consultation, please feel free to contact me at [email protected]

I would, but I prefer my barber, he only charges 30 pesos and always enjoys sculpting my colectivo driver-styled rat-tail.

Just so you know, those prices (nice salon in the States prices) are *extremely* high for BA.

That said, welcome and good luck!

Good luck getting those prices. I paid $90 pesos at Llongueras and thought that was high (even with the free glass of champagne).

Your prices seem higher than the nicest salons. Do you have a salon or are you doing this out of your apartment?

Hi! Definitely recommend that you lower your prices!
There are a few expats that work out of their home or do home services and are pretty well known and don't charge as much as you are planning to charge.
Best of luck though!!!

Dashb07 said:
Hey everyone!

I'm gonna be moving to BA on the 26th of Dec.
I am a licensed hairdresser here in the United States.
I graduated from Toni & Guy Hairdressing Academy & i've been working for Osgood O'neil - one of the top salons in Dallas, TX. (Osgood O'neil)

I like to focus on the balance of style and substance. By creating "beauty", I like to encourage others to take care of themselves. I want to give you a great cut/style, but also increase the integrity of your hair.

As of Jan 1, 2011, I will be taking appointments.

Men's cuts: $55 USD (220 Pesos)
Woman's cuts: $75 USD (300 Pesos)

All of my cuts include a style out (blow dry & product)

I look forward to hearing from everyone and doing some beautiful hair.
If you have any questions or would like to set up an appointment for a consultation, please feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Haha, its funny that you mentioned this. I am moving to BA sometime in the 2012 and have been looking at commercial real estate (Ive already talked about space to buy and start an American sports bar in BA in this forum). Anyway, I saw a pretty nice salon in a busy Palermo area listed online for like $40,000 USD. And it had everything, all equipment, it was pretty much fully loaded. even had private areas with massage tables. and I said to myself, "if I was already in BA, I would try to line up some stylists (maybe from the best local beauty school(s)), buy the salon, just give the business to them and have them pay me rent."
so, your a year early lol!

whammy said:
Haha, its funny that you mentioned this. I am moving to BA sometime in the 2012 and have been looking at commercial real estate (Ive already talked about space to buy and start an American sports bar in BA in this forum). Anyway, I saw a pretty nice salon in a busy Palermo area listed online for like $40,000 USD. And it had everything, all equipment, it was pretty much fully loaded. even had private areas with massage tables. and I said to myself, "if I was already in BA, I would try to line up some stylists (maybe from the best local beauty school(s)), buy the salon, just give the business to them and have them pay me rent."
so, your a year early lol!

Just want to make sure that you realize that the salon you may have seen online for $40,000 U$D is for the business only and does not include the real estate. You would be buying whats known here as a "fondo de comercio" which is esentially an up and running business and you would not own the property. You would be paying rent to a landlord with hopefully a well functioning business.

Davidglen77 said:
Just want to make sure that you realize that the salon you may have seen online for $40,000 U$D is for the business only and does not include the real estate. You would be buying whats known here as a "fondo de comercio" which is esentially an up and running business and you would not own the property. You would be paying rent to a landlord with hopefully a well functioning business.

You're also at the whim of the landlord when it comes to raising the rent or canceling the contract all together. You'll then have the expense of moving everything and setting up elsewhere, etc.

I'd echo everyone else in encouraging you to lower your prices! (or at least do some research into the local market). There are some great stylists here (though you have to know where to look), trained both here and abroad, who work at some beautiful salons, charging 1/3 of your prices. There are also a couple of expat hairdressers on this forum who posters usually rave about, and who charge (I think) about half your prices. So you've got some stiff competition...
I'm sure your target is the more prosperous expats population, but your prices are 1/10th/1/12th of what a lot of Argentines/peso earning expats make in a month!
research...

@whammy USD40000 must be a darn nice salon dude, let me know what you´re upto I´d like to upskill some of these young stylists too. PM me

Back