Happy 1st Day Of Spring!

Lee said:
Who knew?

Well, until you go to a store and try to buy alcohol that is...certainly in this advanced society drinking and springtime are not compatible.

One more reason to look for a new place to live.

You count that as a reason to look for a new country?

I take it your exile from the States was prompted by spring break?

I can see you lasting a long time in Venezuela.

I found that to be a bit weird, too. However, after seeing the people roaming around my neighborhood late this afternoon (and after the disturbance today in the park), I can see why shopkeepers were not selling alcohol today. I suppose it's the Argentine equivalent of not selling eggs to teenagers on Halloween in the US.....

Beyond being the first day of spring, a Porteno told me it was the "Day of the Students", and that it is mostly an excuse for (mostly) young men to come to city parks from near and far and drink all day and leave trash everywhere.

Lee said:
HAHA...no. That was a joke on my former thread.

I simply point things out that I think are odd/funny, I think that I have that right after living here for nearly 4 years and I think that others may agree.

Don't even bother to reference my previous thread.

You sure fooled a lot of people!

The alcohol sale ban on election days is a favourite of mine - perhaps they should try another tack and give a bottle of gin to each voter then see if there is any measurable improvement in the character of those elected to office.

Lee said:
Free will is an amazing thing. You should experience it for a change.

It "might" open your mind.

Clearly you think that people are stupid and the government knows best.

I am sad for you.

Really I am sad for you.

Calm down Lee, 'twas a joke, you know like going to Venezuela?

I was just thinking of the endless whining about governments here (voted for, one presumes by at least some of the same people) - I was wondering if a sober electorate wasn't producing the desired for outcomes perhaps a rat-arsed one would. Surely it's worth a try.

OK, now can you please return my free will which you magically clove from the rest of my being in your previous post?

PS - and don't be sad, I don't think the government knows best, I think everybody is stupid, elected officials included.

Back