Happy Canada Day !

rpkerston

Registered
(tomorrow)

I, of course, am hopeful that my so-called 'adopted country' remains: 'The true north, strong and free'

At 148, it's still a relatively young land, as presently constituted (especially as it's only realized it's current 13 jurisdictions within recent years).

As I reflect on (one of) my country / ies (I don't actually 'collect' them, per se, but I did actually choose to bear allegiance to Queen Elizabeth II, her heirs and successors (though I wasn't offered any option regarding Charles) - HO BOY, WHAT A TANGENT - I can only hope that it becomes no part of nor party to the ways of life that are well-established and equally loved SOB (I sure hope folks are familiar with that OTHER abbreviation - it has no part of 'SON' involved, nor is it about airplanes... - it's usually used to reference Mexico, frankly, from its northern neighbour... NOTE the spelling, there...). I recognize that recent events and writers about those events hope the electors notice that moves in that feared direction have already been made by the current federal government - but I REALLY don't want to start a political discussion in this thread (though I guess I just did - as I don't plan to delete any of it).

SO, ONCE MORE:

HAPPY CANADA DAY (and while I love the anthem, though I know only the English, and neither the French nor the official bilingual versions) I much prefer the rousing: MAPLE LEAF FOREVER ?

Back