has anyone eaten at Kansas or Patagonia Sur

Kansas is a carbon copy of Houston's in the States if you are familiar with it. I don't know what hype you're referring to, but it's decent if you're in the mood for it.

You should only go to Kansas in a group or at least with another person. You can´t really eat the gigantic platters on your own. They are all meant to be shared. The only thing that you can safely have by yourself, is a hamburger, or the soup and salad, but they only serve it on weekdays, at noon, and in the winter. (dumbest limitations I ever heard of)
The food is great though.

BAJoe said:
... or the soup and salad, but they only serve it on weekdays, at noon, and in the winter. (dumbest limitations I ever heard of)
:D This makes me laugh.

It reminds me of traveling north of the Mason Dixon line in the '80s and finding out that Iced Tea was "seasonal"... WHAT?!?!

I've been there twice now and I really love it. They don't take reservations so you want to show up early. Usually on weekends there is a line up of cars down the street waiting to get into the parking.

The food quality is excellent and so are the portions.

Pricing is the same as OutBack Steak House or The Keg back (Canada/US)

I give them 4.5 stars out of 5 only because getting a table is a pain in the butt!

I've heard that Kansas has good munchies for Happy Hour as well. Never been, but there was some positive posting on this board about 8 to 12 months ago.

The food quality is very good and the servings are to share, it is too noisy and the waiting too long though ( I do not like to wait when I go to a restaurant and they do not take reservations )

Its great grub the prices have risen lately it still not too pricey.
Best dish is the ribs

FYI: Kansas is having an all day thanksgiving feast with all the fixins

The food in Kansas is very good, but the best is the Happy hour....
The smoked salmon is blisss also

Back