Has Anyone Entered as a Family Member Recently?

jaimito

Registered
Arriving from Atlanta to Buenos Aires on Friday with the hopes of entering as a family member. I have all the necessary documents, apostille, etc. I was wondering everyone's experience, if anyone was given the third degree, and also which if any documents needed to be translated. I read the marriage certificate would need to be?

Arriving from Atlanta to Buenos Aires on Friday with the hopes of entering as a family member. I have all the necessary documents, apostille, etc. I was wondering everyone's experience, if anyone was given the third degree, and also which if any documents needed to be translated. I read the marriage certificate would need to be?
You need the marriage cert in Spanish yes. Also if you are not flying with you partner make sure you have a copy of their DNI.
You need a proof of a health insurance coverage during your stay.
PCR (that can be in English).

Thanks for the response, would it need to be from the Colegio de Traductores or could I just do it?

(probably will play it safe and go the Colegio de Traductores route, thinking in dollars it's pretty reasonably priced)

(probably will play it safe and go the Colegio de Traductores route, thinking in dollars it's pretty reasonably priced)
I think that makes sense as it’s unclear on the Migraciones website.

Make sure your health insurance covers COVID, as that’s required.

I have a question about the Declaración Jurada. There’s a space where you have to give the reason for your visit. Does anyone know if it’s enough to say something like, “I want to see my daughter/sister/father, as I haven’t seen them in over a year.”? Or does it need to be something more “urgent”?

I have a question about the Declaración Jurada. There’s a space where you have to give the reason for your visit. Does anyone know if it’s enough to say something like, “I want to see my daughter/sister/father, as I haven’t seen them in over a year.”? Or does it need to be something more “urgent”?
I wound't worry about that. What you have suggested sounds good enough. If they then at the airport in EZE ask (they won't) you can elaborate and make it sound urgent it you sense they are being difficult but as I said, they will not ask you anything.

You need a proof of a health insurance coverage during your stay.

This is the first time I have read about this requirement.

Does it also apply to returning temporary and permanent residents?

Also can anyone remember the amount of coverage needed? I vaguely remember reading up to $500,000 but as usual they skimp on the details on the official pages.

Reunificacion familiar.

This is the first time I have read about this requirement.

Does it also apply to returning temporary and permanent residents?
It’s listed as a requirement on the Migraciones webpage addressing the entry of extranjeros related to Argentine citizens or legal residents. I assume it would also apply to other categories of entering foreigners but you should check the Migraciones website for all current requirements.

Back