Has Anyone Entered as a Family Member Recently?

Actually, the details regarding healthcare coverage are difficult to find and unclear. See number 5 on the following page: https://www.argentina.gob.ar/salud/...ntina/requisitos-para-iniciar-viaje-argentina
Supposedly it applies only to non residents, but even someone entering on a tourist visa can technically be a temporary resident ....
It doesn’t state the amount but just says there can be no coverage exceptions.“¯\_(ツ)_/¯“

Actually, the details regarding healthcare coverage are difficult to find and unclear. See number 5 on the following page: https://www.argentina.gob.ar/salud/...ntina/requisitos-para-iniciar-viaje-argentina
Supposedly it applies only to non residents, but even someone entering on a tourist visa can technically be a temporary resident ....
It doesn’t state the amount but just says there can be no coverage exceptions.“¯\_(ツ)_/¯“
do we think showing OSDE coverage will take care of this?

This is the first time I have read about this requirement.

Does it also apply to returning temporary and permanent residents?
NO it does not apply to citizens or residents, temp or permanents. Only applies to those entering under "special circumstances" like family members...

Yes, of course. But if you are an ARG residents you don't need to show hlt insurance coverage.
Right. I'm not an ARG resident, but have OSDE coverage. I'm leaving and coming back under the family reunification plan.

Noticed on the Declaracion Jurada under Motivo del Viaje it only gives you options of TURISMO, MUDANZA, ESTUDIOS, TRABAJO, RESIDENCIA. I'm assuming you would choose Turismo entering under Reunficacion Familiar?

Right. I'm not an ARG resident, but have OSDE coverage. I'm leaving and coming back under the family reunification plan.
I am also leaving in a couple of weeks and will be back in August / September. I am not a resident here, but I do have OSDE insurance here, so I think we are in a quite similar situation (married to Arg citizen with two binational (Arg) kids).
What process is then required under the family reunification? Is this a special visa process or fo i just need to enter in Ezeiza with certain documents (i.e. marriage certificate?)
Someone recently told me that it would be better to start the temporary residence procedure while being here. Is this the better option? Currently i am only interested in the easiest way to reenter in Aug/Sep.

I am also leaving in a couple of weeks and will be back in August / September. I am not a resident here, but I do have OSDE insurance here, so I think we are in a quite similar situation (married to Arg citizen with two binational (Arg) kids).
What process is then required under the family reunification? Is this a special visa process or fo i just need to enter in Ezeiza with certain documents (i.e. marriage certificate?)
Someone recently told me that it would be better to start the temporary residence procedure while being here. Is this the better option? Currently i am only interested in the easiest way to reenter in Aug/Sep.

from my research, family reunification seems the easiest. no special visa. see here; https://clond.cancilleria.gob.ar/es/node/57794

Just need certain documents and pay 9000ARS on arrival.
It’s a bit unclear whether it’s something you can do regularly or it’s a one off?

I was in the same situation as you alpinista.

I did the other alternative of permanent residence through the consulate. Family renunciation wasn’t an option at the time. Took about 6 weeks from start to finish to get the multi entry visa and then took me nearly a year to figure out how to get the DNI finally got an appointment about 3 weeks ago still not DNI yet though.

Provided family reunification is ‘multi entry’ I’d be tempted to go for that.

I found it to be very no hassle upon entry, though now the question is if I will be able to change to a new visa category (in the opinion of one lawyer, no) and what the consequences could be for overstaying which I'm also considering.

Back