Has anyone gone through the Work Visa process?

jaimito

Registered
Saludos hivemind,

The title says it all. I likely have a work visa interview taking place in the next few weeks. I was wondering what type of questions were asked and what kind of supporting evidence was asked for. Did you consider the officials particularly stringent? Of particular interest is if someone has gone through the process in the Embassy in Washington or another Consulate.

Thanks!

I did it around 10 years ago at the consulate in London.
Wasn’t asked anything of any note as far as I can remember. As long as your documents are in order it is a formality,

That's reassuring, too bad Argentines aren't afforded the same courtesy!

I did it here in Argentina. My company paid for a "gestora", like a consultant of sorts. She did everything, talked to the immigration agent etc. All I had to do was get fingerprinted and my picture taken. She brought everyone facturas and everything went smooth as can be.

So the whole process would take place in Argentina? Would that mean sending a passport overseas to get stamped?

There is no interview, it's an "appointment" to bring the paperwork they ask for. You are applying for a temporary residence based on employment offer, which can be done (1) at the ARG embassy before arrival or (2) change of status from tourist to resident when already here. Both processes are "valid", in your case only 1 will work since the border is closed.
They will not ask you any questions because it's a purely bureaucratic process. The whole paperwork process should be taken care of by your employer/sponsor.
I am surprised you are even asking these questions...You just show up at the cita with all the paper work prepared by your employer and smile. Done.

Last edited:
10. VISA INTERVIEW. All visa applicants are requested to appear in person for an interview with a consular officer.

I mean that's where I'm getting the idea that there will be an interview, but I'm happy to know that it will likely be a breeze instead of a grilling.

Back