Has BsAs changed much since 2005?

Grazie

Registered
Has your first impression of Buenos Aires changed drastically thru the years and if it did was it for the better or for the worst? Has BA really changed that much since 2005?
Why 2005? I am gauging this question from an epic thread that was started then. Entitled " Trying to understand Buenos Aires". It would be great to hear from expats who posted then and are still around to update us of how this city has evolved in their perspective since 2005.

"Grazie" said:
Has your first impression of Buenos Aires changed drastically thru the years and if it did was it for the better or for the worst? Has BA really changed that much since 2005?
Why 2005? I am gauging this question from an epic thread that was started then. Entitled " Trying to understand Buenos Aires". It would be great to hear from expats who posted then and are still around to update us of how this city has evolved in their perspective since 2005.
Streets, parks and pavements are better maintained
Less cartoneros on the street
People are happier
People spend more
More hookers in the bars
More Yankees
More foreigners
Night life does not exist anymore
More cars on the streets

"PanamaRandy" said:
Night life does not exist anymore?????
yo no entendies?
Gracias
Randy
It just does not exist anymore. That is what 4 years of 20% inflation does with the night life
The nightlife in 2005 was definitly a lot better

You mean people can't afford to go out anymore so they just stay at home...
What does a beer cost in a bar or a mix drink..or what is the cover charge to go to a club to listen to live music or a diso to kick up some heels..
Gracias
Randy

"Granadaiscool" said:
yo no entendies?
Gracias
Randy

It just does not exist anymore. That is what 4 years of 20% inflation does with the night life

I think you totally missed it: nightlife changed after Cromagnon, and it has nothing to do with the economy...

"nikad" said:
yo no entendies?
Gracias
Randy

Cromagnon was in 2004, I was talking about 2005 and a bit 2006 as well
And it didn´t really affect bars, that are the ones that are empty now
People now just don´t go out anymore, they meet in a house of a friend and get drunk there.
I can´t blame them if a beer is about 9 peso, and an entry fee for a boliche 30 peso(with some at 50)
An average salary in BA get you about 120 beers
An average salary in Holland get you about 800 beers
Who can you blame?

I think you totally missed it: nightlife changed after Cromagnon, and it has nothing to do with the economy...

Cromagnon was in 2004, I was talking about 2005 and a bit 2006 as well
And it didn´t really affect bars, that are the ones that are empty now
People now just don´t go out anymore, they meet in a house of a friend and get drunk there.
I can´t blame them if a beer is about 9 peso, and an entry fee for a boliche 30 peso(with some at 50)
An average salary in BA get you about 120 beers
An average salary in Holland get you about 800 beers
Who can you blame?

"PanamaRandy" said:
What does a beer cost in a bar or a mix drink..or what is the cover charge to go to a club to listen to live music or a diso to kick up some heels..
Gracias
Randy
Depends on where you go. I am talking about upscale bars
Beer 0.4l - 8 or 9 peso
Mix drink - 12 to 15 peso
Entrance for a live music bar - 15 peso
Entrance for a boliche - 25 to 50 peso

"Granadaiscool" said:
Gracias
Randy

Beer 0.4l - 8 or 9 peso
Wow that is not cheap am I correct that there are about 3 peso to $1
So a beer is $2.50
mix drink as high as $5
cover music is $5 etc..
What is the price of a beer in just a local bar? Here in Panama it's 50 cents for good local or 75 cents for german import..
thanks for the info
Randy

"PanamaRandy" said:
Gracias
Randy

Beer 0.4l - 8 or 9 peso
Wow that is not cheap am I correct that there are about 3 peso to $1
So a beer is $2.50
mix drink as high as $5
cover music is $5 etc..
What is the price of a beer in just a local bar? Here in Panama it's 50 cents for good local or 75 cents for german import..
thanks for the info
Randy

Probally around 5 peso for a liter bottle of Quilmes and a bit more for imported

Back