Has Ikea come to Argentina or anything like it?

well as i said before i like diaz de mario which is in my neighborhood. http://losdiazdemario.blogspot.com/ it's great if you like that onda. my house is practically a showroom for his furniture. he usually has much better prices than the mercado de las pulgas, but you have to like that style.

Another optoin is Norcenter Mall, it´s a mall focused on design furniture....it´s definately waaaaay better than what you would find at easy, im not an expert on furniture, so i cannot say this is what you are looking for, but for what you described it may be the closest option....I do think Mariposa and Rises options are also really good, though this place is more modern style...it is pricey though, but you may be able to find what you are looking for..This place is not in capital city, it´s actually in Olivos city (buenos aires province), near the Unicenter mall...here´s their website in case you are curious:
http://norcenter.com/ the site has an english version btw

-Juan

I was thinking the same thing when I got here. Since I never really found what I wanted, or was very disappointed with purchases I had made... I started making my own using plywood and semi-hard woods.

Show me a reference of what you want, tell me what size you need it in and I build it according to your specs. Depending on what you need, I will find the best material for the job (although I stay away from melamine, MDF, particle board, or chip board). I have very little overhead, so we can negotiate a price that we are both comfortable with.
PM me if this route suits you.

Extract from The Times

A total of131 million copies of the Ikea catalogue were printed in 45 editions and 23 languages in 2003. It's circulation is bigger than that of the Bible.
In the early 1990s ome in ten europeans was concieved on an Ikea bed.
Linda Dagless, of Norwich, named her baby Ikea. :eek:

No help at all finding your furniture, but I thought you would find it ammusing.

How much are coffee tables and dressers going in diaz de mari? I love the style!!

"'In the early 1990s one in ten europeans was concieved on an Ikea bed."

I find it hard to believe they only started their expansion outside of Scandinavia in the very late 70s , and didn't get to the UK until the late 80s.

Even now , I don't think they sell that many beds ( 10%) throughout Europe

Indeed they only got to the UK in 86 or 87 I believe. Their first place was up in Warrington, Manchester.

legilber said:
How much are coffee tables and dressers going in diaz de mari? I love the style!!

I'd also be interested in finding out about his prices. I'm looking to buy a small bookshelf (would prefer recycled wood - and his style is really nice) but have been quoted upwards of 1,000 pesos at similar places...which is way more than I was looking to spend.

Aleina Dee said:
Indeed they only got to the UK in 86 or 87 I believe. Their first place was up in Warrington, Manchester.

Warrington the well known home of Vodka !!:):)

Think it was 87...

Back