Has It Always Been So Bad?

Ries
Bus drivers are stabbed and punched in B.A. all the time .One was killed about 2 years ago and there was a wilcat bus strike over it.Please,listen to the news.

How many collectivo drivers were punched this month in Buenos Aires?
Or ever?

This guy was shot:

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1844397-colectivero-baleado-moron-paro

So was this one:

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1800791-balearon-a-un-chofer-de-un-colectivo-y-dos-lineas-estan-de-paro

and this one escaped being shot because a police woman on the bus was able to kill the robber first.

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1838650-una-mujer-policia-mato-a-un-ladron-que-intento-robar-en-un-colectivo

I don't think being punched makes the papers.

"I was in Belgrano R for a christmas party- didnt see a single abandoned needle on the ground- in fact, in all my years of walking the streets in BsAs, I have never seen one- but in any major american city, in the downtown area, you can find them every day."

I don't usually like to get into detailed back and forth posts, but I'm confounded by this statement. I'm by no means someone who reflexively defends the U.S., but my work and life has taken me to every major American city and I've probably only seem four needles in the street in my entire life...one in SF, Denver, Copenhagen and you guessed it BA (Recoleta).

"I was in Belgrano R for a christmas party- didnt see a single abandoned needle on the ground- in fact, in all my years of walking the streets in BsAs, I have never seen one- but in any major american city, in the downtown area, you can find them every day."

I don't usually like to get into detailed back and forth posts, but I'm confounded by this statement. I'm by no means someone who reflexively defends the U.S., but my work and life has taken me to every major American city and I've probably only seem four needles in the street in my entire life...one in SF, Denver, Copenhagen and you guessed it BA (Recoleta).

I wish I had photos from the hard cores gyms in Cali they used to liter the gyms bathrooms with those. You would have thought it was decorations. Never used the stuff myself just worked out in places were it was the in thing. I found out truth is if you are willing work hard really hard you can get pretty damn close with out it.

Serafina,
To answer your question. Budapest is magnificent ,too! I go there at least once a month for work and/or pleasure. The city is on a more Imperial grid as it was one of the capitals of the Empire . The food is delicious albeit very caloric! Language even more impossible than Czech. But Prague has a special magic in the air. Italians have been going to Budapest since beofre the wall fell which was not the case with Prague! A visit to both is highly recommended as they are within a 7 hr bus or train trip of each other! Yes, the beer prices and long-legged women are a draw for many to Prague and out of the tourist zone, Prague is about 30% cheaper.

I never experienced crime when I lived in BsAs.....probably because I was carrying a baby the entire time and that put off "bad" people from targeting me. Has anyone tried carrying a baby for protection? :p (Warning: You will, however, be targeted by sweet old women, making your commute twice as long.)

Pensador
Please explain what you mean by "the hard cores gyms in Cali"
.Do you mean Cali,Colombia or Cali- ifornia.U.S.A.?
I was in Cali,Colombia last Sept. and I'm pretty sure that drugs in public are fairly well under control there to say nothing of the progress made in Medellin
I plan to return to Colombia this Sept. and with the truce signed with the F:A:R:C: the country should be in ven better shape.

Gyms in California USA and it was not drugs like street drugs. This was some years ago.

Back