Have a Mac? Need help? Call the MacDaddy!

MacDaddy

Registered
Have an Apple Mac? Need help? Call the MacDaddy!

With 15+ years of experience in New York working on Macintosh computers, I have all the skills and tools to get yours back on it's feet again.

Software: Fully licensed installations for Adobe CS5 (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, et al), Logic Pro, iLife '11, iWork, Microsoft Office 2011, Snow Leopard, Lion, etc.

Hardware: Troubleshooting and upgrading RAM, hard drives, keyboards, and accessories.

Problem solving: If you're suffering from any of these symptoms, I can help:
  • Sluggish file operations, or a constantly spinning beach ball (rainbow pinwheel).
  • Problems playing back certain types of media (AVI, WMA, or MKV files for example).
  • Issues syncing your computer and phone, iPod, or other devices.
  • Fonts not displaying correctly or you have trouble printing.
  • Problems transferring photos from your camera to your computer.
  • The computer doesn't start up at all, or it constantly crashes.

• Running out of space on your hard drive? I can free up lots of space by deleting unnecessary files you don't need.
  • Slow internet connection? I can tweak settings to achieve a 20% speed increase in web surfing.
  • Have an old computer with outdated software, such that modern web sites aren't functioning? I can update your applications and operating system to the latest versions to get years more life out of the machine.
  • Want to stream Netflix, Hulu, or other media, but can't because you're outside the U.S.? I can solve this.
No matter if you're running the latest OS X Lion on a brand new machine or a much earlier version from years ago on old hardware, I know the ins and outs of each idiosyncrasy.

Besides troubleshooting both hardware and software issues, I'm also an excellent teacher:
I offer one-on-one personalized training, from simple Finder shortcuts to creating complex spreadsheets. Always wanted to learn how to adjust photos like the pros do? Let me show you how! I have a lot of patience and experience working with non-computer folks, and offer discounted rates for training.

I'm not one of those shady repair people that won't explain things or tries to milk things out for more money. I believe that an educated consumer is the best kind of customer to have. I explain everything up front, show you what I'm doing every step of the way, and even offer troubleshooting steps to take in the future that you can do on your own instead of calling me. Happy Macs are my goal!

The MacDaddy makes house calls for no extra charge! You don't even have to leave your house, I will come to you and make everything better again. Satisfaction guaranteed.

Reasonable rates! Call or email now:

Josh Johnson, aka
[email protected]
mobile: (15) 3948-3398

After trying to get help with my Macs from local stores I gave MacDaddy a call, and could not be happier.

I have four MacBooks of different ages, all four running different versions of OSX and badly neglected. The MacDaddy (Josh) got them updated and “talking” to each other - never knew they could do that.

He’s a patient and knowledgeable instructor - a godsend to a cybermoron like myself.

MacDaddy
I'm in the PC business and was recently asked by a client whether I could put together a PC which dual boots to either Windows or Mac OS.
I know nothing about Macs and naturally am not asking for anything shady or illegal here, but would like to know if it's feasible.
many thanks.

I agree-- he's great. I contacted Josh first (after reading about him here) just to unlock an iphone for me. He picked it up and had it back the next day. Then he picked up and unlocked 3 more (for friends) and also had them back the next day. He is super reliable. Walked out with an arm full of iphones, and they all came back quickly and working great.

I also did private tutoring on excel with him. He explains things super well, and is really clear and patient. I cannot say enough good things about him.

Gringoboy said:
MacDaddy
I'm in the PC business and was recently asked by a client whether I could put together a PC which dual boots to either Windows or Mac OS.
I know nothing about Macs and naturally am not asking for anything shady or illegal here, but would like to know if it's feasible.
many thanks.

I'm not the expert here but it's possible and not that difficult. I installed it on an old laptop of mine a few years ago.

Josh - thanks so much for coming round last week. Your tweaking of our computers have made them run that much quicker.

Your follow up lessons have been really helpful and I love the way that you asked some really simple questions on what I use the computer/phone for and then you set up all these features I didn't even know existed tailored to my needs.

Thanks again,

Alex

@GringoBoy
The PC has to have the right hardware to be able to run Mac OS. You can check specs of PC compatible at http://www.insanelymac.com
They usually post what components are compatible.
It is possible to have a PC with hardware not compatible and still run OSX, but it will use emulators to pretend to have the right hardware, and if lucky it may run.

Josh is amazing!
We've used his services several times, and we are great fans of his.
He gave a whole year of life back to an ancient Mac that had failed entirely. He fixed it up, updated all the programs, and saved my all my data. That year got us through until a trip to the States when we could restock. For that he gave us a carefully considered and well researched shopping list of everything we needed (and exactly what we didn't) down to the tiniest connecting cable. When we got all of our goods home he made all the transfers from old machines onto the new, gave us all the latest fancy software, tweaked the computer to personal preference, taught me how to use it, and then set up some kind of system in my house with routers talking to other routers that lets me print wirelessly. We think he is nothing short of a magic man. All this and he is as professional, conscientious, and honest as he can possibly be. And a really nice fella to boot! You can't go wrong if you put your technology in his hands.

I'd like to reiterate the postive reviews.

I had a small problem to fix (I'd forgotten the administrative password on a Mac I got in a trade, so I couldn't run software updates).

Josh came to my house and reset the password. He also noticed a problem with the computer overheating and fixed it.

It was a relief not to be obligated to take the computer out of my house or give access to my harddrive to a complete unknown.

So, two thumbs up!

Back