Have an itch to play music...

Dayy

Registered
..with some people here in Bs As. Just want to have fun and create music or noise or whatever. Nothing serious...use to play saxophone, sing and have 2 bands back in LA and now nothing. If anyone shares the same sentiment and doesn´t listen to Dave Mathews Band please offer your feedback.

Right now Im listening to everything from Coltrane to Nick Cave..from the Beatles to Fugazi..the Skatalites to Wilco.

Im interested in playing...however I must warn you that I occasionally listen to dave matthews. If that ruins everything, well, so be it.

I am primarily a keyboardist but can play the guitar, bass, and drums as well. I have a keyboard that I can connect to my keyboard here in buenos aires with me, but dont have anything else with me.

I'm here for a while so I would love to get a regular jam session going. Feel free to email me at [email protected]

Apologies..didn´t mean to sound like a music snob! I assure you it was only a tongue in cheek comment as I am fully aware of how talented Dave Matthews are. thanks for your reply! Does your keyboard get a Fender Rhodes sound?

I´jammed at one studio that was cool but cutty..but I know there are some other rehearsal studios around town where you can rent hourly with drums, amps, ect.. included! I´ll look around more and ask some Argentine friends..

I would love to play as well! I played in a jazz group for four years in college but would be open to anything. I play string bass, but unfortunately don't have my own instrument. Dayy- do you know if these studios that include amps, etc also have instruments? Any idea where I could rent/borrow a bass?

Dayy said:
..with some people here in Bs As. Just want to have fun and create music or noise or whatever. Nothing serious...use to play saxophone, sing and have 2 bands back in LA and now nothing. If anyone shares the same sentiment and doesn´t listen to Dave Mathews Band please offer your feedback.

Right now Im listening to everything from Coltrane to Nick Cave..from the Beatles to Fugazi..the Skatalites to Wilco.

Hi,

I've been playing in bands since I was 15 and participated with very known people in Argentina and had 6 bands while in the US. I'm 55 now and almost retired from music playing but perhaps I could contact you with some musicians here: do you have an instrument in BA? What's your level and style?

Let me know.

Salvador
www.salvadorsevita.com

That´s awesome, I was logging on to write a similar posting to see if there were any musicians out there and look what´s on the first few posts!

I play acoustic guitar and sing..rock out to anything from Tom Petty to Violent Femmes, Live, Doors, I don´t know, pretty much down for whatever.

Ive played in a few bands and really miss getting together and rocking out.

Good to see so much positive feedback..

Definitely interested

[email protected]

Katie said:
I would love to play as well! I played in a jazz group for four years in college but would be open to anything. I play string bass, but unfortunately don't have my own instrument. Dayy- do you know if these studios that include amps, etc also have instruments? Any idea where I could rent/borrow a bass?

Hi Katie,

There's plenty of rehearsal rooms in Buenos Aires. They provide drums (without cymbals / snare), bass/guitar amps, PA and mics and keyboard stands, that's all about it. (they charge AR$ 20/25 per hour)
All of them have AC and soft drinks to buy. One of my best friends have several basses but he only rents them for movies, etc. You can go (with an Argentinian I may suggest) to calle Talcahuano, starting in Corrientes and up to the south: there's tons of music stores in that area that may give you a clue on rentals. You can even buy a used domestic branded bass (not an Alembic, sorry) like a Faim for less than u$s100 and when you leave, you can sell it for the same price. You can search on Mercadolibre.com.ar or Deremate.com.ar for a used bass.

Good luck
Salvador

www.salvadorsevita.com

Yea, i can get a pretty mean fender rhodes sound goin, with or without the donald faegan phaser ;-)

Lets get a jam session going soon guys! i've been going to this rehearsal studio in san isidro, only because a friend brought me there, but I know there have to be others around the main part of the city.

Actually, now that I think about it, San Isidro might be a good place for us because my friend there has a bass and will most likely let us borrow it.

I think all we're missing is a drummer. I can play drums, but would much rather play keys...

When should we shoot for?

Back