Have Read All Posts, Still Have Unanswered Telecomm ?'s

Maikito said:
You will need a one of these: DNI, residency, CUIT, and I'm sure others can come up with another requisite. Some have been lucky to get contracts or data plans with the 3G providers here (don't know about Nextel) without much problem. Although, you can now purchase pre-paid data time at any kiosko. If you have a friend here that has the the requisites and trusts you with payments, they could take the 3G data plans on their name.

I guess I need to start making some friends pronto! Thanks Maikito.

Maikito said:
You will need a one of these: DNI, residency, CUIT, and I'm sure others can come up with another requisite. Some have been lucky to get contracts or data plans with the 3G providers here (don't know about Nextel) without much problem. Although, you can now purchase pre-paid data time at any kiosko. If you have a friend here that has the the requisites and trusts you with payments, they could take the 3G data plans on their name.

Supposedly a DNI is not enough. I think there is a residency requirement or getting one through a business account.

Sleuth said:
Supposedly a DNI is not enough. I think there is a residency requirement or getting one through a business account.

I think its 2 years

That's one year I use a jailbroken iphone with Claro. It comes with a 3G plan (subscribed a year ago) that runs for 2 years, with 400 SMS/400 minutes calls/unlimited 3G internet for 229 pesos/month.

All that was needed to get this plan and phone was a DNI and a local debit/credit card (international ones are not accepted).

I find 3G to be quite slow in Capital (when you get a 3G signal) but it usually runs quite well in the northern suburbs (downloading at 100 up to 230 kbps)

Sleuth said:
Supposedly a DNI is not enough. I think there is a residency requirement...

Can't get a DNI without residency, unless I'm not understanding what you mean.

Back